My New Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up my new ride Thursday night, a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard S40. Basically the same bike as the Suzuki Savage introduced in 1986...
IMG_0471.jpg

Nice!! The front disc looks a little narrow, but it's not a heavy bike.

The front disc looks absolutely tiny compared to the size of the bike, but it seems to stop just fine. I did some "emergency" brake testing in a parking lot and it seemed fine. Dry weight is about 350lbs, wet weight is about 380lbs or so.

She has a bit more torque than my 125 thumpling
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: craigq
The front disc looks absolutely tiny compared to the size of the bike, but it seems to stop just fine. I did some "emergency" brake testing in a parking lot and it seemed fine. Dry weight is about 350lbs, wet weight is about 380lbs or so.

She has a bit more torque than my 125 thumpling
LOL.gif

That's a nice looking bike. What size engine?

Here's a pic of mine right after I got it. Of course, it doesn't look like this any more.
wink.gif

001.jpg

That is a sweet, sweet bike.

I didn't realize anyone still made a single-thumper in that size. Heck, even Honda's 250cc is a twin, I think.

I'd love to have a bike like that. You done good, my friend ... done good.

I think the Honda is a twin exhaust, but single cylinder... if you're talking about the on/off road bike.

I had a Honda 250 thumper about 20 years ago that would do an honest 100 mph on the interstate. (dumb, I know, but I was much younger then!)

So I'm thinking this Suzuki 650cc thumper will do at least that. Plenty of power, and great fuel mileage.

Good choice! :)

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back