My neighbors Lexus IS 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Lexus light been on over a day . I think he took his other car for going out off town , I haven't seen it few time I pass by . Anyway not that I care , I'm just impressive this Lexus having really good battery
laugh.gif

How long you guy think it will complete die out

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MetalSlug
His Lexus light been on over a day . I think he took his other car for going out off town , I haven't seen it few time I pass by . Anyway not that I care , I'm just impressive this Lexus having really good battery
laugh.gif

Ooof. Really? I'd have figured it would turn off automatically. My Jeep, 370Z, mazda CX5 (both), Z06, all of them did...c'mon, Lexus...serious?

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by MetalSlug
laugh.gif

Ooof. Really? I'd have figured it would turn off automatically. My Jeep, 370Z, mazda CX5 (both), Z06, all of them did...c'mon, Lexus...serious?

If the door is not shut all the way, it will stay on with "auto" mode. Or something to that effect. Had the that happen to me, lost track of time, and a few hours later "click click click". The OE Panasonics (mine was 7 yrs old at the time of the "oops") work really well in those things.

As of 8:17 pm . They tail light still on lol . Almost 2 day . That a good battery

Last edited by a moderator:
The lights should be controlled by a module on a high end car?......Even my old Chevy truck will shut down any parasitic device left on to keep the batteries from running down!

Edit......I just looked it up for a 2010 IS350.....The headlamp relay is controlled by the Body Control Module! They shouldn't be on.

Usually the light cuts out after a minute but I've only seen it on newer 2010+ Toyotas. That's even on cars without auto headlights. Only time they stay on is if you turn them on when the car is off...maybe he was diagnosing something

Wonder if its getting wet inside. Impressed at how long that is holding up, Im guessing an AGM battery with HIDs.

Originally Posted by Dyusik
If the door is not shut all the way, it will stay on with "auto" mode. Or something to that effect.

Yeap, I think in many cars closing the (last) door is what starts the timer on the auto-off timer.

Most (if not all) Toyota products manufactured in the last 20+ years will turn the interior and exterior lights off after a specific time interval. The interior lights will do this if a door is left ajar, but, a manually activated interior light (like a map/reading light) as well as the parking lights and emergency flashers will stay on until the battery runs down.

Had this been a VW/Audi, BMW or Mercedes there would have been endless posts about how it was designed poorly because the door needed to be closed for battery drain down to be activated........but Toyota.

Battery will last 100 more years and still have enough juice to power a small city for 3 days.

Originally Posted by pezzy669
Had this been a VW/Audi, BMW or Mercedes there would have been endless posts about how it was designed poorly because the door needed to be closed for battery drain down to be activated........but Toyota.

Battery will last 100 more years and still have enough juice to power a small city for 3 days.

Yup. TDS strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back