My LG Optimus V wont turn on. Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
The phone did not respond at all to pushing the power button. I plugged it in. Same. No response! The battery was fully charged.

Im worried.

I presently have the phone with the back cover off and battery out out of its Otterbox case. next step?

Leave the battery out 10 minutes, then put it back in, and see if it turns back on.

It's not "rooted" or anything is it???

Did you get it from Virgin Mobile? I'd check with them, if it's really "broken" and it stopped working, and you got it within the past 12 months, they may replace it for you, under warranty.....

My first phone, the Kyocera MARBL (lol, don't laff) died, screen went back, and wouldn't turn back on, and they mailed me out a new one, with a prepaid RMA number thing, so didn't even pay shipping....

AND, get this.....I didn't even "buy" the phone "from" them....but they still got me a free replacement...

Originally Posted By: ahoier
Leave the battery out 10 minutes, then put it back in, and see if it turns back on.
My first phone, the Kyocera MARBL (lol, don't laff) .....

I still have my MARBL. Handy for traveling, it's small and when I turn it off I know it stays off, not like my K-10 before that.

+1 on the battery idea. If that doesn't solve things, then I'd see if you can get a replacement.

Originally Posted By: ahoier

It's not "rooted" or anything is it???

Did you get it from Virgin Mobile? I'd check with them, if it's really "broken" and it stopped working, and you got it within the past 12 months, they may replace it for you, under warranty.....

My first phone, the Kyocera MARBL (lol, don't laff) died, screen went back, and wouldn't turn back on, and they mailed me out a new one, with a prepaid RMA number thing, so didn't even pay shipping....

AND, get this.....I didn't even "buy" the phone "from" them....but they still got me a free replacement...

I left it out for some hours and it powered back on. Weird! Why did it do that?

And no, its not rooted. Android 2.2.2.

Now to put the cases back on..
eek.gif

Weird. Why did that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back