My Dealer conversation-

When I purchased our now traded 2020 Jetta new, the finance guy tried to roll in a fabric / paint protection package AFTER I clearly told him I wasn't interesting in any mark ups, warranties etc. He was quickly going through the paperwork asking for signatures but I slowed it down a bit and made sure I read what I was signing, thats when I noticed the paint and fabric markup for $700. He huffed and puffed and basically told me I was foolish for not wanting it, at that point I was so close to walking out but I endured and got the car we wanted. These people can be crooks!

The next car purchase was much simpler, and during the hight of the chip shortage. Dealer didn't want to come off MSRP so I walked. Later that day I got a call saying they would knock off a little off MSRP. It wasn't much of a discount but I felt it was fair as they only had TWO Jetta S models on the lot. I told him up front I wasn't interested in any "upgrades" and we were in and out in no time.

Estimated $915 payment!? The heck, that's a mortgage right there!

That was my first thought as well...but with small 3 bed/2 bath houses going for well over $600k I guess I need to recalculate my thought process.

That was my first thought as well...but with small 3 bed/2 bath houses going for well over $600k I guess I need to recalculate my thought process.

Yea I just bought my 3br 1ba on 1/2 acre of land for 200K. That kind of house used to go for $130-$150K just a couple years ago in my area. Payment is a little more than that $915, but pretty darn close!

Back