My A/C Is On Today

As I'm typing this it's 81 *F outside. It's "supposed to" get up to 83 *F here in CenLa. today. I have my a/c set at 78 *F and it's been coming on as if it were an ordinary summer day. It doesn't take long to cool down my apt. The WHOLE unit is a new TRANE system (AHU, condenser, thermostat, and copper lines). CLECO (Central La. Electric Company) had a few crew members come to each apt. in my complex (30 total) to seal ALL of the duct work and vents. My bill since this was done, along with the new system being installed, hasn't been over $80 a month. It used to average $125-$175 a month.
What's the outside temperature where you live? :cool:

Still freezing at night and a high of 47 degrees north of Idaho on the Canadian side by the border. The bugs that hid in the siding are coming out. My west outside wall that was exposed to the direct sunlight got to 111 F as measured by my infrared temp gun.

Down on west coast of Florida in the low 80's but with the sun it feels a bit more. Too hot for me. Only here for 10 days but it takes a week for me to get acclimated. Until then, not much energy to do anything during the day.
I know what you mean. I lived in Tampa, FL. for 25 years (1987-2012). ☀️ 🌴

As I'm typing this it's 81 *F outside. It's "supposed to" get up to 83 *F here in CenLa. today. I have my a/c set at 78 *F and it's been coming on as if it were an ordinary summer day. It doesn't take long to cool down my apt. The WHOLE unit is a new TRANE system (AHU, condenser, thermostat, and copper lines). CLECO (Central La. Electric Company) had a few crew members come to each apt. in my complex (30 total) to seal ALL of the duct work and vents. My bill since this was done, along with the new system being installed, hasn't been over $80 a month. It used to average $125-$175 a month.
It was 44f here in the day. How did they seal the ductwork and vents? IMO sealing of Ductwork should be a building code requirement. Billions of dollars worldwide are wasted every year heating and cooling buildings.

It just shows that these corporations have no desire to conserve resources it's all about lining their pockets and the bottom line.

It was 44f here in the day. How did they seal the ductwork and vents? IMO sealing of Ductwork should be a building code requirement. Billions of dollars worldwide are wasted every year heating and cooling buildings.

It just shows that these corporations have no desire to conserve resources it's all about lining their pockets and the bottom line.
They smoked the system first to find any leaks. Where the rectangle vents are in the ceiling they used silver aluminum tape around where the duct work connects to the vent. Same with the duct work.

They smoked the system first to find any leaks. Where the rectangle vents are in the ceiling they used silver aluminum tape around where the duct work connects to the vent. Same with the duct work.
Glad to hear you are saving $$$ and being more comfortable. I got my ductwork sealed last year with a process called aeroseal. Makes a huge difference to keep the heat and AC in the right places in my two story home (2600 sq feet).

Our complex is Federally funded, and we get utility allowances (like 15% electric break, maintenance, etc.). My rent is based on a % of what my SSDI check is each month (I worked 39 years paying taxes to get SSDI). The government subs out contractors to keep these apts. in tip top shape. The interior is painted every 2-3 years, the linoleum floors are stripped, waxed, and buffed, every (3) years (or as needed +/-), the carpets are shampooed (sometimes completely replaced) every 2 years, blinds are replaced every 3 years, etc.
Now, this ISN'T all paid for by the government. The owner pays A LOT out of her pocket as well. The government gives her a guide to follow. If the owner is at fault, the government reprimands, admonishes, etc., her. She gets checked out each month by the government the same as she would check us out monthly.
My dad lives on 42 acres about 1.75 miles away from me. I would MUCH RATHER live here than at his house. My apt. is built to the max as a handicap unit. I need it, and like it A LOT!

Here in North AL it managed to get to mid 50s and it rained all day.
Supposed to get another 2-4 inches of rain the next few days.
Flooding is likely to be an issue.
May get the floats out just in case

It went from 7 degrees in San Antonio to 82 degrees in the same week.

We literally just had five inches of snow at my place, and 48 hours later I was considering taking off my shirt in the yard.

51 and windy this afternoon. It was 30 this morning at 7 and 16 at the same time yesterday morning.

A few days of low 80s in SoCal. Last 2 have been in the 70s. We get a nice breeze from the beach so the A/C only gets used during heatwaves

Back