Must see this video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good.
Claims only synthetic oil prevent sludge build up which simply is not true.
Good quality dino oils will keep an engine clean with appropriate
OCI's and can provide long engine life.

Is that guy an Amsoil dealer? Once I saw that it was some guy in a garage I closed the window.

This is not a good video on the subject.

His stance is that synthetic oils suspend soot and other sludge forming particles, while conventional oil does not. In actuality, it's their tolerance of heat that reduces sludge buildup. But this isn't included in the speech. Then a ton of anecdotal car parts with sludge... yada yada yada...

Fail.

There are plenty of good reasons to use syn, but these are ignored in favor of one that probably isn't even true.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
Fail.

There are plenty of good reasons to use syn, but these are ignored in favor of one that probably isn't even true.

++++1

I decided I wanted to BARF somewhere around the 3:00 minute mark, but just kept watching because -- well, I'm not sure I have a good reason. I especially liked the suggestion about how long Amsoil has been around.

Rarely used, but needed here:
BirdBarf.gif

In part this guy is right. Now if you are careful with dino you can have great success with it(like Bill of Utah and StevieC and others)but for the average non BITOGER that abuses his OCI then the synthetic is a better way to go. More leaway for abuse.
Many people out there will go 7-12,000 OCIs on dino and it will cause the kind od sludge this guy was talking about.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
Is that guy an Amsoil dealer? Once I saw that it was some guy in a garage I closed the window.

Sure sounds like most amsoil dealers...

Originally Posted By: pzev
This guy needs some synthetic shampoo.....

He also needs to find a decent hairstylist!!!!!
LOL.gif

Last edited:
WOW this guy is ASE certified!....it no wonder our country is in such trouble with everything. We have no knowledgable people out there working anymore. He sounds like the ASE certitified idiot that worked on my trans....as long as its not slipping its "PERFECT"

I couldn't even get through the first minute. As an educated professional, I have no patience for people giving presentations while using note cards. It was like watching a horrible sixth grade class presentation. It was too painful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back