Multi repairs under warranty and now after warranty question

Wasn't that in the 80's?
I also remember it. While I never saw a commercial for it on TV, they blasted the radio waves with their “lifetime warranty on repairs” advertisements. I’m guessing 90’s, but time flies.

Since you have been courteous and they have opened a claim - you more than likely might get a little help with the 3rd repair on your issue. Probably not what you wish but maybe 15-20% off or something. Wish you the best and let us know what happens!

Looks like Ford will not help or acknowledge the upper oil pan leak issue. My original case number was closed (accidentally or on purpose?) while I was waiting 4 months for my appointment. Not impressed with how they have communicated and handled things. Wasn't expecting Ford to cover 100%, but maybe something as a goodwill gesture. Never say never, but this will be my last Ford vehicle if I can help it.

Truck is done. Resealed upper/lower oil pan and lower seals, replaced lower turbo air cooler hose, replaced brake boost pump, serviced transmission, serviced rear differential, replaced #4 injector, and did an emissions recall. Hopefully good for years to come. Have a Thanksgiving trip coming up and glad it is all done. Not cheap, but way cheaper than new rig.

Appreciate all the info and knowledge. It means a lot.

Truck is done. Resealed upper/lower oil pan and lower seals, replaced lower turbo air cooler hose, replaced brake boost pump, serviced transmission, serviced rear differential, replaced #4 injector, and did an emissions recall. Hopefully good for years to come. Have a Thanksgiving trip coming up and glad it is all done. Not cheap, but way cheaper than new rig.

Appreciate all the info and knowledge. It means a lot.
$7500 later?

I couldn't afford these modern diesels, I've talked to a few Isuzu owners who've had high pressure fuel pump issues that cost 8-10k for repairs....no thanks.

I couldn't afford these modern diesels, I've talked to a few Isuzu owners who've had high pressure fuel pump issues that cost 8-10k for repairs....no thanks.
The Fords are just as bad as the Duramax for fuel system costs. The pump grenades and sends debris through the whole system requiring everything to be replaced. I’ve seen bills in the 12-15k range at dealerships and as high as 10k at indy shops.

The Fords are just as bad as the Duramax for fuel system costs. The pump grenades and sends debris through the whole system requiring everything to be replaced. I’ve seen bills in the 12-15k range at dealerships and as high as 10k at indy shops.
Ya- I get gear breaks, towing/trans diffs, turbo's, injectors, ecu's, etc- but at some point your $100k truck is work $40k and maybe it's in mint shape except for this issue, scrap it? The manufacturers should know better, the trucks I'm referring too are older models so it sounds like a problem that has existed for some time. Are you supposed to have a 30k bank account JUST for your truck repairs?

Ya- I get gear breaks, towing/trans diffs, turbo's, injectors, ecu's, etc- but at some point your $100k truck is work $40k and maybe it's in mint shape except for this issue, scrap it? The manufacturers should know better, the trucks I'm referring too are older models so it sounds like a problem that has existed for some time. Are you supposed to have a 30k bank account JUST for your truck repairs?
Owning a "modern" diesel truck outside of warranty has become a huge liability. You need to be willing to spend 15K or more at any time for a possible repair. Their are some preventive things you can do to lessen the chance of a costly repair but still not completely preventable.

I've switched to gas motors in my 1 ton trucks since 2010. It works for me as I don;t tow heavy or often but I need the capability and also need a 8ft box with crew cab so I can't get away with a 1/2.

Back