Motul vs Pentosin?

Decided to go with Motul XClean+ 5w30 for my change in spring, so as to get the order in before 11.01.2022 with FCP.

Interested to see how it performs, plus the FCP exchange means it just edges out the Pennzoil found locally when you take into account the value in sending back other car parts.

MOTUL labeld their oils als "Vollsynthetisch" here in Germany, but it was only Group III. Motul was sued and lost on Court and had to re-lable their oils for the german market.

Two Pictures. Motul USA: "100% Synthetic". Motul Germany: "Synthese-Technologie". That is a marketing slang for the uneducated Customer.
It´s NOT "Vollsynthetisch" , the german word for Fully Synthetic. Only oils wich are made mostly of PAO / Group IV could be labeld as "Vollsynthetisch" here in Germany.

I wonder why everybody here loves Motul and praise it as "Fullsynth" ? Same for Mobil 1, it´s labeld "SHC Technology" here in Germany.

Attachments

• Motul Germany.jpg
    Motul Germany.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 24
  • MOTUL USA.jpg
    MOTUL USA.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: JXW
MOTUL labeld their oils als "Vollsynthetisch" here in Germany, but it was only Group III. Motul was sued and lost on Court and had to re-lable their oils for the german market.

Two Pictures. Motul USA: "100% Synthetic". Motul Germany: "Synthese-Technologie". That is a marketing slang for the uneducated Customer.
It´s NOT "Vollsynthetisch" , the german word for Fully Synthetic. Only oils wich are made mostly of PAO / Group IV could be labeld as "Vollsynthetisch" here in Germany.

I wonder why everybody here loves Motul and praise it as "Fullsynth" ? Same for Mobil 1, it´s labeld "SHC Technology" here in Germany.
Remember in the US there are no similar marketing rules. Almost everything sold in the US would be labeled as SHC.

Bcs. they are good product. Final product is what matters.
Mobil1 has consistent quality for decades. It is choice of numerous manufacturers. And they choose oils on various factors nit just PAO or POE levels.

Bcs. they are good product. Final product is what matters.
Mobil1 has consistent quality for decades. It is choice of numerous manufacturers. And they choose oils on various factors nit just PAO or POE levels.
You are correct, both are good oils. But in my opinion "Fullsynthetik" is group IV. When i buy fullsynthetik, i want PAO / Group IV.
Beside this, Motul is often praised here as "really fullsynthetik", and that is simply not true. Just saying.

You are correct, both are good oils. But in my opinion "Fullsynthetik" is group IV. When i buy fullsynthetik, i want PAO / Group IV.
Beside this, Motul is often praised here as "really fullsynthetik", and that is simply not true. Just saying.
That is now legal realm. In the rest of the world anything manipulated is considered synthetic.
Is GTL synthetic? It is 32 years old debate that doesn’t matter to 99.99999% of drivers.

I think we simply have different opinions. I tend to differ between GTL, Group III and Group IV oil and i simply want to know what is inside the jug wich i am buying. But, yes, the difference between theses base oil is small. But.... it is there.
If you have a different approach, fine. :)

Nevertheless, Motul oils are Group III, not Group IV. I just want to make other Bitog Members aware of this, because Motul is constantly praised as "Reall fully Synthetik" here.

I think we simply have different opinions. I tend to differ between GTL, Group III and Group IV oil and i simply want to know what is inside the jug wich i am buying. But, yes, the difference between theses base oil is small. But.... it is there.
If you have a different approach, fine. :)

Nevertheless, Motul oils are Group III, not Group IV. I just want to make other Bitog Members aware of this, because Motul is constantly praised as "Reall fully Synthetik" here.
Motul has some PAO, same like Mobil1, Castrol etc.
what is actually difference? What is difference between Ravenol whatever is comparable to Mobil1 0W40?

Back