Motul DCTF Transfer Case Fluid in Porsche Macan

People over on the Macan forums have been using Motul DCTF in their very problematic transfer cases for a few years with success.

I’m planning to do a fluid change on my TC as well and using the Motul fluid. Is there a reason to only use the regular DCTF and not the high torque DCTF? I believe the difference is that one is a semi synth and the high torque is a full synthetic.

Napa has Vaovline DCT on sale, but today is the last day of the sale. It's only $6.49/qt. You can't beat that if it has the relevant spec. Valvoline is full synthetic :)

People over on the Macan forums have been using Motul DCTF in their very problematic transfer cases for a few years with success.

I’m planning to do a fluid change on my TC as well and using the Motul fluid. Is there a reason to only use the regular DCTF and not the high torque DCTF? I believe the difference is that one is a semi synth and the high torque is a full synthetic.
Porsche should use Pentosin FFl-3.
If regular Motul DCTF returns good results try that or High Torque. I think both would do. There is no downside to high torque.

Just a quick look and seems like the TC takes the Shell TF0870 standard fluid. Motul DCTF meets that, the high torque version does not.

Wow, well that's good to know, I guess I won't be using DCTF High Torque then. Glad I asked.

Think I might just go all Redline for my fluids:

TRANSFER CASE FLUID
MT-LV 70W/75W GL-4 GEAR OIL

DIFFERENTIAL OIL - REAR DIFFERENTIAL
75W90 GL-5 GEAR OIL

AUTOMATIC DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION FLUID
DCTF DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION FLUID

FINAL DRIVE OIL - FRONT
MTL® 75W80 GL-4 GEAR OIL

Think I might just go all Redline for my fluids:

TRANSFER CASE FLUID
MT-LV 70W/75W GL-4 GEAR OIL

DIFFERENTIAL OIL - REAR DIFFERENTIAL
75W90 GL-5 GEAR OIL

AUTOMATIC DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION FLUID
DCTF DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION FLUID

FINAL DRIVE OIL - FRONT
MTL® 75W80 GL-4 GEAR OIL
The front diff takes a different oil?

I have a Cayenne with RL 75W90 in the front and rear, currently on the second fill of MT-LV in the TC, RL D6 in the aisin 8 speed. You won't go wrong with that setup. BUT I also have a bottle of Motul DCTF on deck for the TC oil change this year (it gets changed annually). I've been wanting to try it to see how it runs as it's slightly more viscous than other TF0870 oils.

The front diff takes a different oil?

I have a Cayenne with RL 75W90 in the front and rear, currently on the second fill of MT-LV in the TC, RL D6 in the aisin 8 speed. You won't go wrong with that setup. BUT I also have a bottle of Motul DCTF on deck for the TC oil change this year (it gets changed annually). I've been wanting to try it to see how it runs as it's slightly more viscous than other TF0870 oils.

Yep, the Macan driveline setup is a Audi DCT unit and a different TC than a Cayenne. The front diff shares fluid with the transmission gears (also has seperate clutch fluid in the form of DCTF). There are actually 2 different rear diffs, one with PTV and a normal one, they spec diff oils as well.

Back