MOTORWEEK : Long term winter tire test : GOODYEAR Winter Command Ultra ...

is this rachel a real person "they dont allow my car to accelerate as fast" ????
uh thats the last thing I would say.. maybe you cant take that on ramp curve at 55mph anymore
but straight line?

is this rachel a real person "they dont allow my car to accelerate as fast" ????
uh thats the last thing I would say.. maybe you cant take that on ramp curve at 55mph anymore
but straight line?
Is MotorWeek even a credible show? Pat Goss reminds me of Scotty Kilmer except for the ridiculous yelling. Both seem full of themselves and a bit biased.

but straight line?
It's written by a point of view of a person that has never had winter tires before

It's written by a point of view of a person that has never had winter tires before
they dont allow my car to accelerate as fast
doesnt sound credible from a car publication.. maybe someones teen or grandma who knows nothing about cars perhaps.

because.. I guarantee her hyundai can accelerate just as fast with the winter tires on as her OEM tires.
We arent talking a BMW that just operpowers and roasts some weak winter meat.. its an Accent. ie 135hp ish iirc

they dont allow my car to accelerate as fast
doesnt sound credible from a car publication.. maybe someones teen or grandma who knows nothing about cars perhaps.

because.. I guarantee her hyundai can accelerate just as fast with the winter tires on as her OEM tires.
We arent talking a BMW that just operpowers and roasts some weak winter meat.. its an Accent. ie 135hp ish iirc
Like I said, it's taken from the point of view from a person that has never had winter tires, which happens to be an assistant producer, not a technical writer that writes the script for people to speak from.

They could have fudged her words to make it sound more "worthy", but they chose the path to make it more relatable to people.

Maybe with her puny automatic Hyundai, with a squirmy tread pattern and compound, she probably experienced some tire chirp accelerating from a stoplight that she normally would not get on all-seasons.

We have an '18 ACCENT w/ 6 sped auto . Has plenty of get 'n' go . Consumer Reports did 0 > 60 m.p.h. under 10 seconds . Handles very well too . Has the DRIVE MODE that lowers gear to get quicker acceleration . I think it's 4 gear . Use it for hills and turn off when near peak and back to 6 speeds .

Last edited:
Back