Motorola Moto E opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Hello,

A week ago, I posted a thread asking for opinions on various cell plans.

After a week of looking, I believe I will be going with the no contract Verizon plan from Walmart. For roughly $50.00, I'll get unlimited talk/text, and 2gb of data (you get 1gb if you go to auto pay).

The question I have is on the cell I'll most likely purchase - the Motorola Moto E. Any real world feedback? A quick Google search shows some nice feedback:

Moto E

It is roughly $60.00 at Walmart. One nice feature for any phone under $150.00 at Walmart, is a 1 time insurance payment. For instance, the Moto E would have a 1 time payment of 7.00 for insurance, vs paying a monthly fee. Their feeling is that any phone in that price range, once damaged, isn't worth fixing. It breaks, the company Walmart contracts with issues you a credit, equal to the price of the original phone.

Thanks.

Last edited:
what are sprint or at&t (networks) like by you.. much cheaper choices out there.

We have these phones for personal use.
They seem fine in use.
If you're looking for an inexpensive plan using these, Republic Wireless will give you the same service level for about half what you're proposing to pay at Walmart, plus you get to avoid the Walmart experience.

Originally Posted By: Rand
what are sprint or at&t (networks) like by you.. much cheaper choices out there.
you're comparing Walmart at&t and sprint to Verizon?!

Have you looked at CONSUMER CELLULAR ? Highly recommended by Clark Howard with great 'no contract service. Been using it for over 6 months now, and completely satisfied. Check them out.

Consumer cellular uses at&t and T-Mobile networks depending on you zip./phone. I like their ala carte!

Originally Posted By: Rand

I've been with Sprint for 10 years, and I am not thrilled with their coverage -- even in the Minneapolis metro area. I have dead zones all over the place. Same with when I travel to my home town, outside of Milwaukee. To me it is inexcusable to have dead zones, around highly populated areas in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back