motorcyclist good deed for the season..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So those of you that have followed me know i recently hauled four bikes down to deals gap with my 5.3 ltr Silverado (two in the bed two in a trailer).. well fellas my good deed for the year happend on the Dragon (US HWY 129) so here we go..

We stopped in knoxville TN and unloaded two of the bike (on the trailer) and let two of our buddies gear up to drive through the Dragon. We were approximately 1:20 minutes away from Robbinsville NC where we were staying for this trip. So we wish our buddies well and off they go.. We tell them we will meet them at the Gas station (also known as the resort, or "the cross roads of time") its the center of attention for Deals Gap.. so off they go..

We make it past the overlook with the empty trailer in tow and only a half dozen turns into this trip up the Hill we come up on a Harley Crash, I tell my co-pilot to roll down the window and see if they need help.. One Harley is upside down with its oil dripping all over the road, the other is laying on its side and a man sitting next to it holding his legg. So we ask "are you all ok" and a very pretty older lady steps out in a panic and asks if we can spare any OIL (go figure) and i tell her we dont have any. The location we are at there is NO help close by at all.. So we offer to load there bikes up on our trailer (4:30pm) and take them into town, they ask where we are staying and we tell them Robinsville NC and they tell us they are staying at the two wheel inn in the same town.. "Well its your lucky day" i tell them, and we load them up, bikes first then wounded rider second in my truck.. then we proceed a hour and change down the road to Robbinsville NC

They were very greatfull.

When we arrived at the two wheel inn there friends that hadnt wrecked met us in the parking lot and helped unload there motorcycles.. But the story doesnt end there, it was obvious that the man was in real pain and he needed assistance, there was nobody in there crew with a car, they were a group of four out of Ohio on there first trip to the dragon..

SO..

So i looked up the closest hospital (a hour away) and off we went.. To make a very long story short we took them to the Hospital and waited, the fella got crutches and a "you tore something" diognosis and was told to take otc meds and call back in the morrning if the pain was to unbearable and they would get him a script.. WE loaded him back up in my truck and took him back tot he two wheel inn where his friends were pretty drunk.. (12:30 in the am now)

He tried giving me $100 for my time and gas, i refused but told him i would accept $20 to help with gas.. and im sure the whole adventure cost more like $50 in gas...

anyways, my 8 hour trip to deals gap turned into a 14 hour road trip after we happend upon some other motorcyclist in need.. I feel good knowing i was able to provide assistance and help a fellow biker (or two) out.

lets help look out for one another out there.. be safe and keep the rubber side down..

Otis.

Originally Posted By: spackard
Wow, that's pretty nice!

I hope someone will do the same for me if i ever find myself in that situation.

I am a firm believer in that helping out somebody in need will come back around for you when you need something. I have helped others and then been lucky enough for someone to help me when needed. The world needs more people like you.

What goes around....comes around. Some circles are bigger than others , but it always comes around, good or bad.
And you Sir did a good job!!!

"paid ahead" you da man Otis.

Come west and ride the Devil's Highway the view is well worth the trip.

Smoky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back