Motorcraft oil and filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife bought a Ford Fussion a while back and it won't be long till the first oil change.I was thinking to use full synthetic Motorcraft 5w-20 and Motorcraft oil filter.My question is who makes ford oil and filters and is it good stuff.Thanks for the replies.

Conoco/Phillips makes the oil to Ford specs. No need to use the full synthetic under warranty. Use the syn. blend 5w-20. AFAIK the filters are made to Ford spec by various mfgs. They have a good following on this forum. FWIW--Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
Conoco/Phillips makes the oil to Ford specs. No need to use the full synthetic under warranty. Use the syn. blend 5w-20. AFAIK the filters are made to Ford spec by various mfgs. They have a good following on this forum. FWIW--Oldtommy

Ford oil filters are made by purolator. It's built to fords specs. It's right between the puro classic and P1. Factory oil filters can differ, the oil filter that leaves the factory is a little different and made by champ.

Last edited:
I agree there is no need to run the full syn MC oil. The MC semi-syn is very good. I know how it is though, I feel using syn is always better. It isn't though in most situations. Long drain intervals for PCMO's w/o turbo are really the only good reason I can think of (maybe long periods of sub freezing temps.) with how good the major conventional oils/add-packs are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back