Motorcraft CV Joint Lube-Pak grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I bought a Motorcraft CV Joint Boot Kit (TS-207) from Ebay. My question is, it contains 2 CV-Joint Lube-Paks One-Luber grease but it does not state which packs is Inner grease or Outer grease for CV Joint Boot application.

One grease pack is Black in color and the other grease pack is colored Brown.

Thanks in Advance

Not sure about this, but the black has more molybdenum and should be the outer cv, I think, due to the greater motion of the joint.

Is this for the Escape in your sig?
smile.gif

Ford actually sells OE NEW axles, so that's what I'd do

Ford and GM are the only companies I know of that actually sell all-NEW OEM CV axles! Everyone else only carries rebooted reground Cardone "reman" (cheaply done and with neoprene boots)
mad.gif

Honda, VW, and Subaru owners have access to Raxles. They make axles for *some* other cars but not all. Raxles uses all-NEW components and seem to actually be rebuilt properly.

Sorry for the rant, but given how lucky you are that you can actually get OE new axles, it's easier to just replace the whole thing
smile.gif

In regards to the grease colors, you can always ask the seller, a Ford dealer, or Ford directly. Does each packet have a separate part number on it?

Grease for tripod type CV joints is brown or tan and translucent. You don't want moly for the inner joints which are the tripod type. Those use needle bearings and moly won't let them roll as intended. The outer Repezza joint that uses balls and an cage uses the black grease.

Toyota does the same.

Hello

I finally installed both inner & outer cv boot into the axle. Tested and drove on the freeway, did not notice anything. Escape drove like a champ.

My worries is. Upon taking off the drive axle out of the vehicle, I had a struggle taking it out. I loosened the 32" nut and I hit it with a hammer, maybe 15 times. So, I consulted again my trusty...Chilton's Ford Escape Repair Manual and it stated the Lower Control Arm needs to be separated from the Steering Knuckle first. After I read this, I knew a made a BIG MISTAKE!!! So, I did what Chilton's stated on the repair manual and the cv axle came off after I tapped it with a hammer.

My concern is did I made an internal damage underneath my truck on the mistake I made? I jacked up the truck & the tire seems to be spinning straight.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back