MotorCraft Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of using MotorCraft 5w20 BLEND....

Anyone know what percentage (%) of synthetic is in the blend? OR where I can get that info?

Tried Conoco Phillips....nothing

I did e-mail them....hopefully I'll get an answer.

Will share if I hear from them.

I've been interested in this oil myself. The price is fantastic at Wallmart (Autozone isn't so great... but that's another story)

I've heard many great things about this oil. Apparently the UOAs are quite impressive in this price range.

My guess its 20 to 30%.....but I would loke to know for sure.

Valvoline MaxLife Blend is 30% per their website...

I like valvoline products but for your Ford Focus I dont think your going to find a better oil than Motorcraft 5-20 unless you want to step up to a full "synthetic"

My best guess it about 30%, from all that I have gathered so far.
But whether 15 or 50%, I use this oil myself.
Not only because of the outstanding price, but it is pretty bulletproof.

Conoco Phillips replyed to my e-mail regarding "what percentage of the Motorcraft Syn/Blend is synthetic".

They replied that its 'proprierty' information...yada,yada, yada.
I'm not asking formulas...just the percentage of Syn....which Valvoline gives on their website (30%).

Leads me to believe that the percentage is fairly low.

A better idea might be to just purchase their conventional or Syn/Blend, and add a quart of full syn (same weight). This way you would know that there is a healthy percentage of synthetic in your oil...My vehicle hold about 4.5 qts.

Any comments on this 'solution' would be appreciated.

Last edited:
The Mazda dealer used MC 5w-20 for my 2003 Mazda MPV every 5-6k miles from 0-106K miles without issue. You could clearly see the timing chain and sprocket through the oil cap and it was shining as can be at 106K before selling it to my brother. Not even a hint of sludge or buildup anywhere. He now has over 120K.

Last edited:
Run FF to 3,000 miles, then do a 3K mile run on a good dino, then switch to redline. This is to flush the rest of the break in junk out before you leave oil in for a long time.

You can buy Kendall in Pep Boys for only $5.00. Same as Motorcraft. Full Syn.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Conoco Phillips replyed to my e-mail regarding "what percentage of the Motorcraft Syn/Blend is synthetic".

They replied that its 'proprierty' information...yada,yada, yada.
I'm not asking formulas...just the percentage of Syn....which Valvoline gives on their website (30%).

Leads me to believe that the percentage is fairly low.

A better idea might be to just purchase their conventional or Syn/Blend, and add a quart of full syn (same weight). This way you would know that there is a healthy percentage of synthetic in your oil...My vehicle hold about 4.5 qts.

Any comments on this 'solution' would be appreciated.

I e-mailed Conoco Phillips back stating that all I wanted was the % of SYN in their MC Syn/Blend (not any secret formulas)...and stated that Valvoline listed 30% on their website for their Syn/Blend.

They replied...."that they were in the range of Valvoline." So my guess is its somewhere between 20 and 30%.

Still waiting for some comments on adding a quart of Full Syn to 3.5 quarts of Motorcraft 5w20 Syn/Blend.....to get a better percentage of Syn.

I make my own MotorCraft Syn Blend every time I change the oil on my 2007 F-150 5.4 3v which takes 7 qts total. I use 4 qts, MotorCraft full syn 5W-20 & 3 Qts MotorCraft Blend 5W-20! Thats my Syn Blend oil Change!

Thanks for that conformation...

Wish I could find full-SYN Motorcraft in my area...I can find the MC Blend at WalMart for $11.50 per 5 quat jug (Great Buy).

I'll just use Valvoline SynPower 5w20 instead.

I'm beginning to think I should just buy Motorcraft semi synth and call it a day

Its cheap and has a great reputation. I do 5-6k OCI with lotsa stop and go driving. I think that is a good fit... thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back