Motorcraft Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to put the tender on my 2008 Mustang GT last fall. The original battery discharged badly. It's on the charger now. I knew it would likely need replaced soon. I probably should put a new one in anyway.
I'd like to put a Motorcraft battery in it. Are they any good? Searching around the chain parts stores it looks like nobody carries them.
Thanks

My local Ford dealer sends me coupons for Motorcraft batteries. They're supposed to be better than the factory Motorcraft. I buy my batteries from Costco.

Unless they offer a warranty that beats everyone else, there might not be any point in seeking one out.

What I mean is there's only a few companies that manufacture auto batteries. Johnson Controls, Exide, and East Penn pretty much rule the roost and do a lot of private labeling.

Not sure who MC uses, but I always seek out a Johnson Controls battery as they've proven to be very reliable in my experience.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Original battery still in my '11 F150 with no issues to date. Knock on wood!

my 2011 versa has its origional battery that starts at -40 unplugged still
smile.gif
but my truck does have two motorcraft batteries that seem to be dying quickly.

My 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis still has the original Motorcraft battery in it and seems to be doing good. I will replace it with a battery that has the highest CCA and longest warranty at the lowest cost.

We've got 8-10 years out of every Motorcraft battery we've run, can't say the same for even more expensive parts store batteries.

I have never had a bad Motorcraft battery. They have all lasted 7 years or longer. I regret not getting one for my Grand Cherokee. I got a cheap one and had to replace it after 1 year.

The price varies a lot between dealers. I got biggest battery available one for my F-150 last year for 80 bucks with a discount. Every dealer had a different price. One even quoted me 170 with the same discount for the same battery.

The original MC batteries seem to last a long time.5-8 years is not uncommon.As for the replacement batteries,who knows,they may not be the exact same grade.

I bought Motorcraft battery size 49 to replace the 5 years old MB battery for my E4340 3-4 years ago for $110-120, it was going strong.

A year and a half ago I bought the same size 49 AC-Delco AGM for my Volvo V70 from Amazon, but I decided to use it in E430 and moved Motorcraft battery to Volvo.

It is working well in Volvo, I hope it will lasted 5-6 years.

Last Motorcraft battery I bought for my 2003 F150 was to replace the 8 year old original one. I had to check with several dealers and part stores before I found one that was made in the US and not in Mexico.

Not sure if all of them are now made in Mexico, or if you can still find US made ones.

FWIW OReilly's charges more for the Motorcraft batteries than dealers. Plus if you buy them at OReilly's there is no warranty honored at a dealer, just like buying any Motorcraft part anyplace other than a dealer.

Most are $119.95 w/core, some are a bit more. The BXT line is the 100mo warranty with first 3 years full replacement. You do have to keep your receipt as Ford will not reimburse dealers with a reprinted receipt as proof.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
We've got 8-10 years out of every Motorcraft battery we've run, can't say the same for even more expensive parts store batteries.

+1....The original Motorcraft battery was replaced on my 03' Ford Focus after nine and a half years.

Since they were very expensive from my Ford dealer, I replaced it with a Costco battery (Kirkland), which was considerably cheaper and had the longest warranty of 42 months. Its still running strong.

I have had good luck with Motorcraft replacements and my local dealer is the cheapest. Cheaper than other brand replacements and they seem to last a long time with a long replacement warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back