motorcraft 5w20 full synthetic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using motorcraft 5w20 FULL synthetic ??
cheers.gif

Ironically, I seem to remember seeing Conoco(Motorcraft's supplier)talking about a "fully synthetic" 5W-20. I checked on their site for more detailed info and couldn't find anything else about it. And realisticaly if they do come out with a "fully synthetic" 5W-20 it will most likely be a Group III and not PAO. Because I don't think Conoco is into making PAO oil. Could be wrong through. At this point in time I believe their's and Motorcraft's 5W-20 is a blend of Group II+ and Group III. I don't think you'll notice much too difference in the two oil's performance over a 5,000-7,500 mile OCI. But I'm sure it's safe bet to say that the price of the "fully syntetic" will be substantially more than the current blend.

Whimsey

the motorcraft 5w20 full syn. is very $$$ 6.79 per qt. part # xo-5w20-qsf and is avaliable at ford motorcraft wholesale distributors. any local ford dealer should be able to order it from them.

quote:

Originally posted by fordpm:
the motorcraft 5w20 full syn. is very $$$ 6.79 per qt. part # xo-5w20-qsf and is avaliable at ford motorcraft wholesale distributors. any local ford dealer should be able to order it from them.

Wow
shocked.gif
! That be a "lot a mulla"! Stick with the regular Motorcraft 5W-20 which is a blend and probably not that much off performance wise compared to their "synthetic" oil. Walmart has the sythentic blend for $1.77/qt versus $6.79/qt at a wholesaler for the "full synthetic"
pat.gif
. You be the judge, my mind is made up already, as stated previously
rolleyes.gif
. And yes you can buy TRUE syntetic oils for less.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back