MotoMaster OEplus engine oil

Hello all: new to this forum, I have been buying the OePlus synthetic oil from Canadian tire, but using only as a 1L top up when I change my engine oil in my Mercedes CLA. I have been using the 4.73L jug of Mobil 1 0W40 and then topping up with 1L of the OePlus engine oil , during the oil change. Reason was I am not too confident with using OePlus oil for the complete oil change. So far, no real issues with what I have been doing, but I am now considering doing the oil change with complete use of the OEplus 0W40 Euro oil.
Your feedback is much appreciated.

As long as it has formal approvals (always something to be wary of with "entry level" or "bargain" oils) you'll be fine using it. As addguy noted, I believe most, if not all, of the MM stuff is made by SOPUS. Back in the day it was made by Mobil/Imperial Oil.

OE Plus Synthetic motor oil is formulated by Shell. Use with confidence. Canadian Tire has good sales on it. The latest one was last week.

It’s Dexos Approved, the same other name brand oils.

1158730F-51CC-4E47-A72D-42B672C8714F.jpg

Last edited:
As long as it has formal approvals (always something to be wary of with "entry level" or "bargain" oils) you'll be fine using it. As addguy noted, I believe most, if not all, of the MM stuff is made by SOPUS. Back in the day it was made by Mobil/Imperial Oil.
Ok, I need to pick your brain Sir OVERKILL. Does this oil contain any GTL?

Thank Uou in advance and didn’t mean to thread jack. 🇨🇦🇺🇸

I don't think the OEPlus 0W40 specifically says "MB 229.5 approved", rather it says meets specs of MB 229.5.

But appreciate the feedback on this topic. I too believe the OEPlus 0W40 should be fine as a complete oil change fill replacement, especially when I change out the engine oil and filter every 8,000 kms, as compared with the recommended MB interval if 16,000 km.

No it does not and per the approval it is supposed to be worded or phrased in a specific manner which is incorrect on the container. It also does not appear on the Bevo list.

Approvals do not span brand names so if this is rebottled something else then it still needs for this brand to appear as an approved oil. Would I use it? Yeah probably but stuff like that bothers me.

MM engine oils are made by Shell. It is re-labeled Shell synthetics; in this case a Euro-spec 0W-40. I would use it without worry.
One of my favourite lines of oil at Canadian Tire although if you have a look more carefully they don't all correspond with a Shell product. The 0w40 is one that doesn't.
I have been very impressed with the 0w30 variant, it is, from what I can tell, identical to the Pennzoil Euro LX 0w30 and Quaker State 0w30 LX.

One of my favourite lines of oil at Canadian Tire although if you have a look more carefully they don't all correspond with a Shell product. The 0w40 is one that doesn't.
I have been very impressed with the 0w30 variant, it is, from what I can tell, identical to the Pennzoil Euro LX 0w30 and Quaker State 0w30 LX.

Is OEplus 0W40 not PPE 0W40? I always assumed so.

I'm a fan of this stuff too. I carry a 1l as top up and will buy once it hits $20 a jug. My van always runs great on it.

Doesn't seem to go on sale often anymore though so I usually wind up with SuperTech instead.

No it does not and per the approval it is supposed to be worded or phrased in a specific manner which is incorrect on the container. It also does not appear on the Bevo list.

Approvals do not span brand names so if this is rebottled something else then it still needs for this brand to appear as an approved oil. Would I use it? Yeah probably but stuff like that bothers me.
Pennzoil, and Shell, which owns Pennzoil and supplies Motomaster OE Plus motor oil has always used “ Meets the requirements of “ designation. Pennzoil reinforces that on their website. ( screen shot attached). If anyone doubts that is true, go ahead and launch a class action suite against Shell.

2B02F059-351C-4AD1-9115-454D6DD9AFF2.png

Last edited:
Pennzoil, and Shell derived OE Plus has always used “ Meets the requirements of “ designation. Pennzoil reinforces that on their website. ( screen shot attached). If anyone doubts that is true, go ahead and launch a class action suite against Shell.

View attachment 118085
Yes but the difference is that they do appear on the Bevo and other manufacturer’s lists. This one does not except for dexos.

Trust but verify.

I don't think CT pays to make the list, but if you look at the specifications (pour point, flash point, etc) they match exactly with a pennzoil or QS product that does make the list.

Back