Mother's Products....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have luck / comments with thier full line of products?? It's all I use....

Dr.T, my friend worked in the auto industry and he is big on cleaning his car. He has used every brand out there and now uses Zainos. He has always told me that Mothers and 3m make the best OTC car polishes and waxes. Kind of like the Mobil 1 of polishes. Not the best, but very good and readily available. My .02

mothers seems to be very popular with the hot rod crowd. maguires seems to be popular with the the historic car crowd. maybe it is just who they market to? i have used both with great results.

In general I think Mothers makes a very good line of products, and is less confusing in naming and descriptions (like in their 3 stem system) than a company like Meguiar's. They also have fewer duplicated products. The only thing they lack are some of the more serious paint correction products (compounds, polishes) that 3M and Meguiar's cover very thoroughly in their professional-oriented lines.

I've been using Mother's 1-2-3 system for a couple of years and think its a good product for novice detailers. However, as I became more into detailing, I found products that provided better protection and longer lasting results.

My input is that I've found their wax (step 3) to be the easiest to apply...so easy that I use it EVERY time I wash the car! My car is black and there are absolutely no scratches or swirl marks. It only takes about 20 minutes additional to wax it after washing...and NO, you can't wax it too often.

My reference points are Meguirs and Zymol. Both were much more difficult to apply and buff....and both freaked out when hitting a water spot. Mothers continues to polish and buff out even if a water spot or wet area is encountered. But, thanx on the Zaino tip...I keep seeing it and was thinking of giving it a go...

I'm using Mother's wax and always got great results.
shocked.gif

And like Dr. T said, this wax is very easy to apply.

quote:

Originally posted by mordecai:

quote:

Originally posted by timmy8151:
However, as I became more into detailing, I found products that provided better protection and longer lasting results.

For example ... ???

zaino z2 and z5, klasse all in one and sealant glaze, platinum u.p.p., blackfire afpp, meguiars #20 polymer sealant, and meguiars medallion premium paint protection. I myself believe caranuba waxes offer no durability in protection like polymers do, and they are really just there to add depth to paint rather than protect it. The only caranuba waxes that even protect that good are meguiars #16 paste and collinite fleetwax #885 heavy duty paste wax(its collinite super double coat in the auto line).

quote:

For example ... ???

zaino z2 and z5, klasse all in one and sealant glaze, platinum u.p.p., blackfire afpp, meguiars #20 polymer sealant, and meguiars medallion premium paint protection. I myself believe caranuba waxes offer no durability in protection like polymers do, and they are really just there to add depth to paint rather than protect it. The only caranuba waxes that even protect that good are meguiars #16 paste and collinite fleetwax #885 heavy duty paste wax(its collinite super double coat in the auto line). [/QB][/QUOTE]

I use the Collinite Marque d'elegance sometimes in combination with Zaino. Having used about all of the products mentioned so far on this thread Zaino is by far the easiest to put on and remove (even in sunlight) and the longest lasting. The Collinite, IMO, gives a slightly better shine.

quote:

Originally posted by Spector:

quote:

For example ... ???

zaino z2 and z5, klasse all in one and sealant glaze, platinum u.p.p., blackfire afpp, meguiars #20 polymer sealant, and meguiars medallion premium paint protection. I myself believe caranuba waxes offer no durability in protection like polymers do, and they are really just there to add depth to paint rather than protect it. The only caranuba waxes that even protect that good are meguiars #16 paste and collinite fleetwax #885 heavy duty paste wax(its collinite super double coat in the auto line).

I use the Collinite Marque d'elegance sometimes in combination with Zaino. Having used about all of the products mentioned so far on this thread Zaino is by far the easiest to put on and remove (even in sunlight) and the longest lasting. The Collinite, IMO, gives a slightly better shine. [/QB][/QUOTE]
To each his own, but the main reason waxes look better than polymers on darker colors like black is bc of oils, which polymers do not have. But, as I said, what to use and what you look or protection you want is always a debatable question.

quote:

Originally posted by mordecai:

quote:

However, as I became more into detailing, I found products that provided better protection and longer lasting results.

For example ... ???

I am now using Klasse AIO to prep my paint. I then layer Klasse SG and Platnium UPP. After about 2 layers each of the Klasse SG an UPP, I top it off with S100 wax.

I like the Clearkote line of products. Their Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze topped by their Carnauba Moose Wax looks great on my car.

Scott, are you sure those are waxes? Sounds like the desert menu from Howard Johnsons. Your making me hungry
grin.gif

Back to Mothers, I used it last week for the first time in a while & forgot how good the stuff is, loved the results & wiped off easy too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back