Most expensive vehicles to fill

In this situation, how many consider lpg installation?
What are the options in 🇺🇸?
Any installers still in business?
We still have some local to me, diesel here went up to $2.45 CAN/L and propane is ~$1.30/L, so I think at that price it makes sense to convert over?
Who know how long these prices will last though?

In this situation, how many consider lpg installation?
What are the options in 🇺🇸?
Any installers still in business?
What would be the cost to convert and what would the savings? So as to determine ROI. Edit: is it even legal? or legal for only certain years?

no, handle... I was the family weirdo for driving a 1600-2 at the time, was starting to dabble in autocross and got into a handling discussion.
Interest, I’m old enough to have ridden in those old cars. My parents owned the old bonnevilles and impalas, and numerous others. Those big old cars would float down the road in very comfortable style, but steering and stopping were very lacking compared to to todays cars. The cars I’m talking were from the late fifties to early seventies. Just my experience.

Can't believe the price of diesel and the speed the small companies 18 wheelers are running 72-75 in a 70 where the big trucking companies still under 68 looking for better mpg.

What would be the cost to convert and what would the savings? So as to determine ROI. Edit: is it even legal? or legal for only certain years?
According to eu retrofit law, it's legal to install. You have to check if preferred lpg system mfg has a kit for your engine model. Efi ,tsi,... not a problem.
Price around 1000€ or even less(eu sizes engine). Advanced systems 2x , or so. V8 etc

Lpg is 1/2 cost or less, also less taxed. Co2 benefits

But in 🇺🇸 ymmv

Vag, fiat sells cng ready cars, but pumps are rare in my country.

Add my 88 E-150 to the list, it has two gas tanks. If I let it run down I'd need a home equity loan to fill it with the ridiculous gas prices we currently have.

I can’t believe I just saw $7 diesel at a normal station. Not the high priced one. It was $7.15 at the expensive station.

This is in NY.

Regular people are really struggling in NY.

My guess is the premium requirement would be more if you're using it as an offroad vehicle like it was designed, once they realized most people were using them as mall crawlers they were more comfortable saying 87 is ok, since in road usage you're unlikely to see the high load and high throttle usage which would cause knock on 87.
My 13 Tacoma with the 4.0 knocks/pings on 87,89, and 93. Less so with 93. I even had the TSB done that would make the condition occur less. Kind of disappointing because it only has 56k on it. 🥲 So I just use 87 and live with it.

Last edited:
The most expensive vehicles are those that take diesel and a lot of it.

Diesel currently is $6/gallon with regular hovering at $4.05/gallon.

Consumer diesels are dead .

The most expensive vehicles are those that take diesel and a lot of it.

Diesel currently is $6/gallon with regular hovering at $4.05/gallon.

Consumer diesels are dead .
The Volkswagen diesel scandal was the death knell for diesel cars, heavy-duty diesel 'work' trucks are the only diesels that will stick around for a while longer.

CR has provided a list of the most expensive vehicles to fill.
I know most on this site find CR to provide skewed information, but tank capacity is something that's hard to mess up.

Given the price of gas locally (in the PNW where I reside) is expected to hit $2.16/liter ($6.39/gallon) this weekend o_O, this should be quite a shock to those with larger vehicles.
I couldnt' imagine spending over $200 CAD to fill...I'd rather walk!
Probably any diesel right now...

Can't believe the price of diesel and the speed the small companies 18 wheelers are running 72-75 in a 70 where the big trucking companies still under 68 looking for better mpg.
It also has to do with Insurance rates. Insurance is cheaper on a commercial truck with a max speed of 68 verses how ever fast it will go.

Back