More fun with gas prices ( pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CA average is $4.70 vs US average of $3.49.
For some reason, the Chicago media likes to tell us that we (Chicago-area) have the highest gas prices in the country. I go to California often enough to know that isn't true. Not even close. Usually a dollar (or more) more expensive in California, every time.

I think the media hates us.

For some reason, the Chicago media likes to tell us that we (Chicago-area) have the highest gas prices in the country. I go to California often enough to know that isn't true. Not even close. Usually a dollar (or more) more expensive in California, every time.

Having worked in Chicago quite a bit, Chicago does have significantly higher gas prices than its neighbor states. And it shouldn't as the area as a crude pipeline direct, and multiple refineries in the region.

I don't know if CA is the highest (I think HI is?), but it sure feels like it!

Having worked in Chicago quite a bit, Chicago does have significantly higher gas prices than its neighbor states.
Oh, absolutely. Nearby states are always cheaper, particularly Michigan and also Missouri which really isn't that nearby. But unless you're buying gas at some crazy location downtown like at LaSalle & Ontario Streets, you're paying way less than the California price.

Reactions: JC1
Oh, absolutely. Nearby states are always cheaper, particularly Michigan and also Missouri which really isn't that nearby. But unless you're buying gas at some crazy location downtown like at LaSalle & Ontario Streets, you're paying way less than the California price.
I think not including this as part of my reply does not give a holistic context "And it shouldn't as the area as a crude pipeline direct, and multiple refineries in the region."

Chicago region has multiple refineries, crude pipeline running right from the oilfields to the region, not many environmental issues. Chicago should have some of the lowest fuel prices in the country, not one of the highest IMHO.

Just more fake news

We went to death valley last night. I took this pic earlier today. Sure am glad that I filled up " in town" instead of having to buy gas here!

PS. We all know why gas is so expensive so don't get my thread locked! Thanks.
You went to a tourist trap, what do you expect?

General gas price from my area (Arco) is slightly above $4 for regular and almost $5 for premium, your price is obviously a station for tourist running out of gas.

General Store? that's a pretty good indicator it is not going to be a fair price.

We went to death valley last night. I took this pic earlier today. Sure am glad that I filled up " in town" instead of having to buy gas here!

PS. We all know why gas is so expensive so don't get my thread locked! Thanks.

In this case it'll be that expensive because they can, and whoever gets gas there has no choice.

More than you can imagine. This is the last place to fill up before going into death valley. You don't want to go there without a full tank as there are zero services out there. And hardly any cell service either.

There are 4 pumps. All 4 had a car and there was a line 4 deep waiting.

I'm not from there, so realistically how far is it to the next pump, worst case? I run a diesel engine, it loves hot weather but of course the AC will be running pretty hard if I'd cross during daytime.. I sure don't expect my regular 80

I'm not from there, so realistically how far is it to the next pump, worst case? I run a diesel engine, it loves hot weather but of course the AC will be running pretty hard if I'd cross during daytime.. I sure don't expect my regular 80
Google shows it to be 99 miles from the station in stovepipe wells to Shoshone where I took the pic. If you are driving a pickup pulling a trailer and getting 10 mpg you better have more than 10 gallons of gas in the tank. Nothin between those two places to get gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back