MOPAR oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the molar filter at Walmart any good for the price, or any good at all for that matter. i have a ram truck and i want mopar. any info as to who makes them or where they are made would be great too thanks.

Originally Posted By: abycat
I have one waiting to be cut up from a customers truck. Will post tomorrow. About 6000 km on it.

thanks!

Ive got a Mopar SRT filter for my 2009 Challenger SRT8 and it is made in Poland and appears to be much heavier made that standard Mopar.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
Ive got a Mopar SRT filter for my 2009 Challenger SRT8 and it is made in Poland and appears to be much heavier made that standard Mopar.

Probably a different part number on that model than your average Dodge.

largely Purolator made in the states, Wix in canada. a few of the us filters may be wix as well, based purely on an external exam of the respective filters for my old neon. never got the chance to cut 'em open and examine that way.

I have opened Mopars that I have removed,with no tears in the material.They seem to be built to a different spec than your usual Purolator.I have no issue using them.Just cant get 090s from WM anymore.

I have had good luck with them. My Jeep has a terrible start up tick with most filters, but it was quiet with the Mopar filter, which I ran for 5000 miles. The ADBV held up great even during last winters "Polar Vortex" with the -25*F starts. It did have a few random ticks though.

I took it apart and the pleats were pretty wavy which had me disappointed. I am sure it was fine, but at 6 and some change, I expected better quality. No tears in the media though.

I am using an oversized Fram Tough Guard with almost as good results plus its cheaper and more efficient.

Originally Posted By: abycat
Here is that mopar filter.

This looks like a WIX. Does Puro not make these anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back