Mopar Coolant Confusion

Hoping someone can please help? I might be overthinking things, but for sure am confused.

I have a 2015 Chrysler 200S with a 2.4L engine. I need some coolant so I looked in my owners manual and it states MS-90032, on the coolant reservoir it states MS-12106. I called the local dealership and talked with a guy in the parts department, he said I need the purple one. So after looking all over seeing people saying different things. I came to the conclusion that the MS-90032 is the concentrate and the MS-12106 is the pre diluted?

In an effort to save some time and a couple bucks I bought a jug of this off Amazon.

tn_Coolantsnip.jpg

I got this.

tn_4.jpg

tn_3.jpg

I think I am okay because the part numbers are the same. Like I said just want to be sure, thanks in advance!

Dave

same thing. many of those cars left with paraflu up! red coolant in the tank but this was quickly changed to purple to prevent confusion.

dexcool, g30, and all the other longlife clones are suitable for any vehicle using a first generation western oat

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, really appreciate it! Thanks to @doitmyself for the catalog link, didn't find that myself. I see the part numbers match, so I can finally stop thinking about it.

Whatever happen to the good old days when all coolant was green? LOL.

In our 2014 I just threw my arms up in the air, flushed the whole thing and refilled it with Zerex DexCool. Ran it like that for probably four years before trading it it, with no cooling system issues in that time.

So far the top off was a success. Awhile back the dealership installed a new thermostat and either they didn't get the air out of the system when making up for the small loss of coolant, or they didn't top it off at all! Only needed about 8oz to get the res back to the full line.

Whatever happen to the good old days when all coolant was green? LOL.
That’s why I flushed the system in my 15 grand caravan and installed Prestone of all things. It’s pretty much a modern equivalent of old school green in the sense that it should mix with everything without immediate trouble and is available everywhere.

That’s why I flushed the system in my 15 grand caravan and installed Prestone of all things. It’s pretty much a modern equivalent of old school green in the sense that it should mix with everything without immediate trouble and is available everywhere.
Thats a great idea, never thought about it.

Back