Mopar 8 & 9 Speed ATF

It's not necessarily a deal, but if you need this fluid, there's a few options out there.

Amazon, IMO, is your best bet. And better yet, it's direct from Mopar, through Amazon. There's also the ZF Fluid option through FCPEuro, but at this prices, there isn't a benefit to that as it currently costs more per quart.

6 qt pack (Faster Shipping, $5 more)
6 qt pack (Couple days longer shipping)
7 qt pack

Lifeguard 8 for reference

I know I've seen threads about this fluid, and thought it was in here, but can't find it. Not sure if the 7 quart is a new offering, but haven't seen it until just today. I think the service fill on the Rams is right about 6qts, so personally, I'd be more comfortable having #7 lying around just in case.

It's not necessarily a deal, but if you need this fluid, there's a few options out there.

Amazon, IMO, is your best bet. And better yet, it's direct from Mopar, through Amazon. There's also the ZF Fluid option through FCPEuro, but at this prices, there isn't a benefit to that as it currently costs more per quart.

7 qt pack

I know I've seen threads about this fluid, and thought it was in here, but can't find it. Not sure if the 7 quart is a new offering, but haven't seen it until just today. I think the service fill on the Rams is right about 6qts, so personally, I'd be more comfortable having #7 lying around just in case.
They come in 6 qt cases.

7 qt pack

Walmart ships free if over $35.

They come in 6 qt cases.
The one listing says 7 qts and it brings down the per qt price. Seemed a little odd but it's a win in my book.
Walmart ships free if over $35.
Walmart doesn't sell this product.
Good information but Maxlife meets the specs for those transmissions for under $30 a 4qt jug. 😜
Not my preference but if it's yours good luck with it

Not sure if the 7 quart is a new offering, but haven't seen it until just today. I think the service fill on the Rams is right about 6qts, so personally, I'd be more comfortable having #7 lying around just in case.
7 quarts usually covers BMW applications. 6 quarts will cover RAM (at least for the 1500's, HD's may be more) and Jeep applications.

The one listing says 7 qts and it brings down the per qt price. Seemed a little odd but it's a win in my book.

Walmart doesn't sell this product.

Not my preference but if it's yours good luck with it
Have had very good luck with it in several ZF's even BMWs in addition to my personal Ram, Gladiator and Grand Cherokee...The GC has 170k miles and it hasn't blown yet lol...runs and shifts perfectly.

MaxLife is not a licensed ZF spec fluid. Any claims of compatibility is on Valvoline. I have used it before on ZF transmissions and it works, but it is nothing I would recommend while in warranty.
Not gonna lie I was skeptical for those reasons at first but it's proven itself over the long haul to me. Also remember a lot of engine oils that don't say they're dexos still meet the dexos spec but they don't want to pay the license fee. I am sure Valvoline would have a lot of license fees to pay if it did for every application it is suitable for.

Not gonna lie I was skeptical for those reasons at first but it's proven itself over the long haul to me. Also remember a lot of engine oils that don't say they're dexos still meet the dexos spec but they don't want to pay the license fee. I am sure Valvoline would have a lot of license fees to pay if it did for every application it is suitable for.
It isn't as simple as paying for a license fee - I think the additive system being used needs to be one of that can be approved.

Didn’t they change the formula of Maxlife atf? Does it still cover ZF 8&9?

In case anyone was concerned about age. I bought from the link for 7 quarts. One last month and one this week.

Pretty fresh.

image.jpg

Back