Monroe Sensa-Trac struts/Quick-strut package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the mounts & springs with Monroe's Quick-strut package of good quality?

I'm debating whether to do just struts all around + 2 (much needed) mounts for the rear, or getting the Quick strut package all-around. Price for my car ('93 Altima) would be $370 for quick struts all around or $150 for 4 struts/rear mounts and hope I don't find anything else that needs to be replaced.

I've only read one bad story about the quick struts and that was on a car with a bad design from the factory AFAIK. I need rear mounts for sure, the springs & boots appear good w/ the car still on the ground, but haven't taken the assemblies out yet.

BTW, these prices are @ Rockauto + Monroe's rebate that's going on until the 31st, so I need to make a move by then.

Thanks!

Not much help, but I have the Monroe Sensa-trac quick struts on my '96 windstar.
I had a broken spring (just outside the 10 year unlimited warranty that FORD issued on the springs) which is what prompted the strut replacement.
I have had them for 3 years......and seem to be fine.
Monroe sells the mounts, bearings, etc as separate parts....so they are a known brand there as well.

I have seen a couple other brands come out with the spring/strut unit, although, if I were to do it again....I would do the same thing.
One is limited by what is offered for your specific vehicle.

look for KYB struts if you want a quality aftermarket replacement that isn't too pricey. monroe/gabriel are pretty shoddy in comparison.

I haven't had any quality issues with Monroe, the usual complaint is they are soft.

If I wasn't trying to stiffen up the ride I'd use Quick-Struts without reservations.

I went through the same dilemma with my Saturn, but I ultimately ended up with front and rear KYB GR-2 struts and KYB mounts for the front.

After rebate, four Quick Struts were $400. The four KYB struts and two mounts were $258. The Quick Struts were new for my application and I didn't want to be the "beta tester." Plus, the KYBs are known to give good results for my application.

From what I've been told, KYB struts deliver a firmer ride than Monroes. If you want a softer ride, then Monroe is probably a better choice. Also, Monroe's warranty is much better than KYB. Monroe's lifetime warranty has a no-questions asked replacement policy, even for normal wear. KYB does not offer this.

You can get mounts and struts a lot cheaper than Quick Struts.

I just put 4 Sensatracs on my 99 Buick LeSabre, and it rides a lot better than it used to. It's still soft, but it's meant to be soft.

Whatever you decide, set aside $80 for an alignment. You'll need one after doing struts.

I went with Quick Struts for my 99 I4 Camry (all 4 wheels). The struts I replaced were all original and I knew I had to replace all the components (mounts, all rubber, spring, struts). Amazon had them for a great price combined with the rebate from Monroe.

Quick Struts were a better value and easy to swap out. After 5K miles on them I am highly satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back