Monroe Quick Struts - Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are usually a little softer than I like but I also prefer a stiffer riding vehicle. They also seem to wear out earlier than I would like. In about 10,000 miles they feel the same as my old worn out struts. They are ok but not my favorite.

I have a set and I think over the last couple months one has developed a clunk on right hand turns--have to turn sharply, and it doesn't do it all the time, but it makes me think I have a bad strut bearing. 2 years and 60,000 miles plus. Maybe I can't complain--I think there might be a lifetime warranty on them from Pep Boy's, in which case I could swap and be out the price of an alignment. If I could do that, then it's really not that bad of a situation -- it's my beater Camry so changing spring rates isn't high on my list of cares.

I put the Monroes on my 2000 Accord and the KYBs on a 2004 Camry. I found the KYBs were better. The Monroes squeak like crazy on the Accord. I am thinking of getting KYBs for the Accord or even putting the old OEMs back on the car.

Originally Posted by mister_two
I put the Monroes on my 2000 Accord and the KYBs on a 2004 Camry. I found the KYBs were better. The Monroes squeak like crazy on the Accord. I am thinking of getting KYBs for the Accord or even putting the old OEMs back on the car.

If you're willing to spend the money, Honda actually offers OEM quick struts. Unfortunately, they are very expensive
cry.gif

Sachs makes quick struts for your Accord. They are most likely better than either Monroe or KYB, yet much less expensive than OEM. Their application list is limited, but they do make them for your car.

And also, Bilstein makes shocks for your Accord. I really wish Bilstein made quick struts!

You have a lot of good choices for your Accord that most cars don't have
smile.gif

My first choice would be Sachs quick struts. Then, KYB quick struts. Then Bilstein shocks with OE mounts. Then, OEM quick struts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back