Modern Engine's Grenading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Silverado12

You get what you get when you buy bottom of the line questionable cars.

Kind of like the GM 3.6 fiasco.
Or the Gm wiper recall.
Or the GM power steering issue.
Or the GM ignition switch issue.

Don't leave that bottom of the line questionable car manufacturer out.

Wow. Ignorance is in fashion I see.

Originally Posted by spasm3

Or the Gm wiper recall.

How about Ford and the Focus transmission, or many other transmissions we dealt with when I used to work there, Dodge and their terrible front end parts, rust on the trucks, Nissan CVTs and the engines mentioned in the last page, Toyota and their truck frames....these are just off the top of my head, we could go on and on. Working in a few garages over the years I got to see first hand some of the failure patterns. Some people seem to pick up on GM the most. I don't know if it's because they get the most attention or it's just the people that own the problem models are more vocal than the people with other makes or what.

Only mentioning gm issues shows just how biased you are. If you want to pick on them, maybe pick on them for what's going on right now and not every problem you can think of over their product line. Also I think the ignition switch issue was a recall, and it didn't even affect my mom's 99 alero other than the key could be removed with it running once it was around 180k miles. I'll admit to being a little biased because myself, friends and family have owned a ton of older GM's that held up great and I've seen lots of others. Every brand has major failures even Toyota and Honda. I forgot to mention automatic transmissions in quite a few Honda's, cracked engine blocks on the one generation of civics. Yes, they all make some junk and people still buy them. Look how many rogues with CVTs are on the road now.

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
Every brand has major failures even Toyota and Honda. I forgot to mention automatic transmissions in quite a few Honda's, cracked engine blocks on the one generation of civics. Yes, they all make some junk and people still buy them. Look how many rogues with CVTs are on the road now.

I agree with you completely! I was being sarcastic. I only mentioned Gm as those were on the top of my head. I was sarcastic because Silverado12 has used that bottom of the line manufacturer phrase before about Hyundai/Kia.

Or the Gm wiper recall.

How about Ford and the Focus transmission, or many other transmissions we dealt with when I used to work there, Dodge and their terrible front end parts, rust on the trucks, Nissan CVTs and the engines mentioned in the last page, Toyota and their truck frames....these are just off the top of my head, we could go on and on. Working in a few garages over the years I got to see first hand some of the failure patterns. Some people seem to pick up on GM the most. I don't know if it's because they get the most attention or it's just the people that own the problem models are more vocal than the people with other makes or what.

Only mentioning gm issues shows just how biased you are. If you want to pick on them, maybe pick on them for what's going on right now and not every problem you can think of over their product line. Also I think the ignition switch issue was a recall, and it didn't even affect my mom's 99 alero other than the key could be removed with it running once it was around 180k miles. I'll admit to being a little biased because myself, friends and family have owned a ton of older GM's that held up great and I've seen lots of others. Every brand has major failures even Toyota and Honda. I forgot to mention automatic transmissions in quite a few Honda's, cracked engine blocks on the one generation of civics. Yes, they all make some junk and people still buy them. Look how many rogues with CVTs are on the road now.

GM is really in the upper end of reliability not in the top not at the bottom. The issue with GM when it is set on producing a great vehicle it does. When it wants to save pennies per unit at a cost of quality it does.

Blew up 2 ford 3.8 v-6s......Moms transmission in the focus only lasted 65,000 miles before it took a &%#@.!!!

Every brand has major failures even Toyota and Honda. I forgot to mention automatic transmissions in quite a few Honda's, cracked engine blocks on the one generation of civics. Yes, they all make some junk and people still buy them. Look how many rogues with CVTs are on the road now.

I agree with you completely! I was being sarcastic. I only mentioned Gm as those were on the top of my head. I was sarcastic because Silverado12 has used that bottom of the line manufacturer phrase before about Hyundai/Kia.

Yes I don't necessarily agree with calling them bottom of the line. I'd buy a 2010 or older Sonata if it was a good deal. I think they were a good car until the mess up with the engines. They had built up a pretty decent reputation until that. I wouldn't buy a 2011+ Hyundai like my girlfriend's pinging, fuel diluting and eventually oil burning (if it doesn't seize up first) mess. I think the rest of the car is pretty decent besides the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back