Mobil super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Mobil super and ACDelco branded oils the same? All of the ACDelco bottles look identical to the Mobil super 5000 and super synthetic. I know ACDelco conventional and synthetic blend are made by Mobil could they be the exact same oil as the 5000 and super synthetic? On paper which ones are better?

The 5000 is simular to the conventional that was sold at the dealer
Cant remember what it was called basically it was a cheaper version
If you had to put a number on it. I would say it would have been marketed as mobil 4000.
Not sure sure how the others compare.

Found it!!
It was mobile "clean"
That we were using at the dealer
The "clean" line looked to be a cheaper version of the 5000 at the time
Which was 2000-2009 basically

I would suspect that the AC Delco oil which is a synthetic blend is quite similar to the Mobil Super Synthetic. The additive packages of these two oils look to be very similar on the PQIA test results. Check out the AC Delco NOACK of 7.9. Very good indeed.

Last edited:
I remember seeing a Mobil Super/Clean (don't remember which one) 7500. If I am not mistaking - it was a synthetic blend. And at the time someone told me that this was what dealerships used, Toyota&Chevrolet in particular. Also the Mercedes brand oil comes in exactly the same bottle, but I only saw it in 5w30, 5w40, and 0w40. Not 100% sure on 0w40 though... Is that Mobil 1 in Mobil Super bottles? Or is it a watered down version of Mobil 1?

Different add packs used in M1 20/30 grades, MSS, and Mobil 5000.

M1 20/30 grades are low calcium, high magnesium, no sodium.
M1 0w-40 is very high calcium, no magnesium, no sodium.
MSS is high calcium, no mag, no sodium, high boron...very similar to Formula Shell Syn.
M5000 is medium calcium, sodium, no mag....similar to Valvoline/Napa oils.

I see the ACDelco makes a conventional 5W30, 10W30 and a 5W30 and 0w20 synthetic blend. All have the identical Mobil Packaging. It seems the only oil Mobil does not package in this container is Mobil 1

There was/is Mobil Special that was just under the Mobil 5000 and was rumored to be the GM factory fill conventional. Don't know if it is still available. GM's Dexos spec has most likely eliminated the use of the Mobil Special oil.

Last edited:
Bro in law has netted 360k w/ Chevy truck on the Mobil Super 5w-30 at 5k OCI ...
Engine never repaired and still running good ...

Last edited:
The NOACK of the ac delco syn blend is lower then the mobile super full syn. Does that mean its a better oil?

It is a point of interest worth noting but NOACK is not the sole determination of an oil's performance. Based on UOA's I've seen here the Mobil has held up much better than the AC Delco in actual use.

Was that during extended oil change intervals? Or the standard three to five thousand miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back