Mobil Super Syn and Mobil syn??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had do do a oil change all they had in 5w-30 was Mobil Super Syn I don't know anything
about Mobil Super Syn is it ok for short 1 mile trips in cold weather ? does it sheer ez?

Thanks

It is a fine oil. As a matter of fact I have it in my wife's Focus. Do your self a favor and drive that bugger more then a mile.

Agree... Both oils are great. If you worry that much about the difference of those two oils, then you ought to worry more about those short 1 mile trips. 1 mile! If I miss a turn driving, getting back is sometimes more than 1 mile.

It's not rocket science though... just take the scenic route or go to the next closest whatever store that you need to that's near the freeway.

Last edited:
For 1 Mile short trips I think you should use a 0w30 especially in Ohio, it gets over there dontchaknow

even better as dave suggested is don't drive your car if you only are going to drive it a single mile.

Walk, you will be warmer in a nice coat and boots than in an ice cold car seat.

Mobil Super Synthetic 5w30 is a good oil for sure. It's Dexos approved which is a decent specification. It most likely is a group 3 hydocracked synthetic. It's similar in nature to Havoline Pro DS.

About the idea of walking... Maybe the OP has a disability that makes walking a mile not an option. I know this may be a small percentage chance, but it does exist. I know this firsthand. I live a half mile from two large grocery stores. I could walk to them 80% of the time. But 20% of the time it's not possible. Honestly, I don't walk even when I could because I would rather save my legs for other times and activities. I am not saying this to give anyone a hard time or make anyone feel bad. It's just we don't think about this from across the spectrum at times.. I would not have either yrs ago myself. Until I was just 25 yrs old and got to where walking around Walmart was too much for me some days. Whereas just a couple years earlier I played basketball routinely, could dunk a ball, and had energy that was almost unmatched.

Since then I certainly have thought about circumstances differently. But I am very very grateful to do all I can do and have done too. I'm a very fortunate person. Honestly, more than I deserve
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Mobil Super Synthetic 5w30 is a good oil for sure. It's Dexos approved which is a decent specification. It most likely is a group 3 hydocracked synthetic. It's similar in nature to Havoline Pro DS.

About the idea of walking... Maybe the OP has a disability that makes walking a mile not an option. I know this may be a small percentage chance, but it does exist. I know this firsthand. I live a half mile from two large grocery stores. I could walk to them 80% of the time. But 20% of the time it's not possible. Honestly, I don't walk even when I could because I would rather save my legs for other times and activities. I am not saying this to give anyone a hard time or make anyone feel bad. It's just we don't think about this from across the spectrum at times.. I would not have either yrs ago myself. Until I was just 25 yrs old and got to where walking around Walmart was too much for me some days. Whereas just a couple years earlier I played basketball routinely, could dunk a ball, and had energy that was almost unmatched.

Since then I certainly have thought about circumstances differently. But I am very very grateful to do all I can do and have done too. I'm a very fortunate person. Honestly, more than I deserve
smile.gif

We are on the same page here, and i would add, not everyone can change their own oil either. On occasion you read how someone casts a disparaging eye to those who don't diy.

Thanks bbhero I do have a disability and cant walk or stand very good .
people just don't think when they post but I do drive it 8 miles once a week to get it hot as far as walking one mile I cant.

Well I have been around and through some stuff man. I have learned to think about circumstances differently because of my experiences. I hope and pray you can continue on and do all that you can do. Take it one day at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back