Mobil Super 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Mobil Super 5000 is not a synthetic blend, but I've been told Mobil Super 5000 high mileage is?

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-super/mobil-super-high-mileage
Found in the link above...
"Mobil Super High Mileage premium conventional oils offer outstanding wear protection under a wide variety of operating conditions, and they have been proven to fight sludge and help reduce wear."

But this link says...
http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_Super_High_Mileage.aspx

Mobil Super High Mileage

Product Description
"Mobil Super High Mileage uses a combination of synthetic and conventional high quality base oils combined with modern performance additives to help provide long engine life and outstanding protection for vehicles with more than 75,000 miles. Formulated with seal conditioner, Mobil Super High Mileage helps prevent leaks and reduce oil consumption."

I know, it's a head scratcher.
smile.gif

I have seen bottles that claim Synthetic Blend on the back for Mobil Super High mileage. I would assume if the back of the bottle says it is Synthetic blend, then It has to have some synthetic in it whether it be Group III or Group IV.

Yes on the back of the jug it clearly shows that Mobil Super High Mileage is a blend, and the Mobil Super 5000 is a conventional. Don't know why Mobil does not put blend on the front say like Quaker State Defy or Castrol High Mileage does.

Originally Posted By: mazdamonky
I have seen bottles that claim Synthetic Blend on the back for Mobil Super High mileage. I would assume if the back of the bottle says it is Synthetic blend, then It has to have some synthetic in it whether it be Group III or Group IV.

Yes, it has this illustration:

bb2eba75-58f0-4fc1-8c09-768ed0f0de0a.jpg.w960.jpg

Why the heck would M1 HM, AFE, and EP have better high engine temp performance than plain ol M1??
Definitely a concern of mine with a turbo...

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Why the heck would M1 HM, AFE, and EP have better high engine temp performance than plain ol M1??
AFE and EP have more PAO than M1, but that does not explain M1HM (unless it does too).

Mobil 1 HM has better high temp high shear(HTHS) than the regular Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
AFE and EP have more PAO than M1, but that does not explain M1HM (unless it does too).

Just 2 M1 and M1 AFE grades, not HM nor EP:
M1: 5W20, 5W30, 10W30, 0W40 ...
M1 AFE: 0W20 and 0W30

If there are M1 0W20 and 0W30 then AFE are special, as I see it they are just marketing ploy of Mobil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back