MOBIL M1-110A CUT OPEN

The PureOne - now called just PurolatorONE - is still shown as 99% @ 20μ on Purolator's website. Based on their large 30001 model filter. That info is a footnote at the bottom of their webpage.
Yes, I’ve seen the PL filters’ efficiency, it’s the Mann made Mobil 1 that seems hard to come by. Edit: I do see where Mobil states 99% at THIRTY microns, so I guess the efficiency is actually worse than the Bosch Premium or Purolato/Pure One!

I just purchased a Wix filter, which I know is a Man and Hummel, I looked on the website, after I bought it, cause I've been using that or OE and it didn't list nothing about efficiency ratings.. It's filter # 57502..
Thank you

I just purchased a Wix filter, which I know is a Man and Hummel, I looked on the website, after I bought it, cause I've been using that or OE and it didn't list nothing about efficiency ratings.. It's filter # 57502..
M&H does own Wix now, same as it owns Purolator. Also same as First Brands (formerly Trico) now owns both Fram and Champ Labs.

As for 57502 efficiency rating, unsure if there was a question in there? However the "Wix website" does list an efficiency rating in the form of a beta, the way Wix has long done it. Shows the 57502, 95% @ 20um, standard for Wix labeled/Napa Gold. https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=1659924

To topic filter, quite 'possible' IMO the efficiency rating info listed by Mobil carries over from when Champ Labs made them. What's listed is pretty standard for many Champ Labs made filters. Either way based on this anecdote, IF the price was right, I'd use this application. I wouldn't pay current average retail for it though.

As an aside, didn't choose the Bosch Prem. 3323 more recently with efficiency as primary consideration. I like the construction type, price was right AND currently still made in the US. After the fact knowing efficiency rating, 'for me' just a plus.

M&H does own Wix now, same as it owns Purolator. Also same as First Brands (formerly Trico) now owns both Fram and Champ Labs.

As for 57502 efficiency rating, unsure if there was a question in there? However the "Wix website" does list an efficiency rating in the form of a beta, the way Wix has long done it. Shows the 57502, 95% @ 20um, standard for Wix labeled/Napa Gold. https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=1659924

To topic filter, quite 'possible' IMO the efficiency rating info listed by Mobil carries over from when Champ Labs made them. What's listed is pretty standard for many Champ Labs made filters. Either way based on this anecdote, IF the price was right, I'd use this application. I wouldn't pay current average retail for it though.

As an aside, didn't choose the Bosch Prem. 3323 more recently with efficiency as primary consideration. I like the construction type, price was right AND currently still made in the US. After the fact knowing efficiency rating, 'for me' just a plus.
I guess the Wix isn't too bad...

I have a feeling the Champ M1s were rated better-I still have a few of the CQ Blue filters, made by Champ (Frampion of old), that were pretty much accepted as M1 clones when they were made, and the box states "99% @ 20 microns". The Mann-made Wix/NAPA Gold is a pretty good deal when a fleet filter sale has them under $5 for a spin-on, but the everyday $11.99-12.99 price is kind of crazy.

I got one with AutoZone M1 bundle "deal" (had rewards credit). Not to impressed with the paint chips and over spray. They only had this one in stock.

Attachments

• 20220611_125005.jpg
    20220611_125005.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 42
I dont get it. Is there anything wrong with this filter based on PPLs comments?
or is it not very good?
I been buying M1 110A for a long time and expected it must be very good based on brand and price.
I know there is such thing as marketing hype but...
I don't think there is anything wrong with Mobil1 oil filters but I think Fram's Ultra is a better filter for less money.

I am beginning to gravitate toward Supertech filters for regular non extended oil changes. The recent cut and posts that I have seen are impressive for the money.

I am beginning to gravitate toward Supertech filters for regular non extended oil changes. The recent cut and posts that I have seen are impressive for the money.
I wish the one from my vehicle, was the proper size. And I would probably give it a shot, but it's half the size what it should be. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back