Mobil Delvac or Mobil 424

Switching from Case Hytran to possibly Mobil , whats the difference between Mobil Delvac and Mobil 424 ? Local Fleet/Farm carries the Delvac , the specs appear to be the same . Would be running in 20 year old farm equipment ( no cvt transmissions ) .

I believe 424 is a multi grade 10w30 and the Delvac is a straight 10w. I think Mobil came out with the Delvac to sale at all the farm and fleet kind of business to compete with the cheaper universal tractor fluids. You will get a lot of guys that will tell you that all you can use is HyTrans in IH/Case or you will have all kinds of problems. I have been using Universal Tractor fluid in my tractors with no problems. I would use the Delvac in it all day long. Mobil would not put a product out there labeled for that application if it doesn't work.

I know this isn’t what you asked, but what’s wrong with the Hytran?

OE fluids for me at least are by far the easiest to come by and in many cases the cheapest.

Nothing wrong with Hy Tran ... just the price , $15.79 bulk . Also the local Case dealer leaves alot to be desired so would rather patronize local John Deere or ?? I believe in buying quality, but you reach a breaking point .

I know this isn’t what you asked, but what’s wrong with the Hytran?

OE fluids for me at least are by far the easiest to come by and in many cases the cheapest.
I have no problem with HyTrans either and would probably use too, but I don't have any dealers close here.

Decided to go with Chevron 1000 thf , $507.00 for 55 gallon drum , delivered . Meets all Case/JD/Cat hydo specs . Mobil 424 was like $620 ish . Wasnt buying just on price , but same or better specs and a 1/3 cheaper . . .

Decided to go with Chevron 1000 thf , $507.00 for 55 gallon drum , delivered . Meets all Case/JD/Cat hydo specs . Mobil 424 was like $620 ish . Wasnt buying just on price , but same or better specs and a 1/3 cheaper . . .
Too late now but 424 and Delvac Tractor fluid are identical even the MSDS is identical I called Mobil and they confirmed it.

Another option I use is Rotella HD or shell Spirax S4 (both identical as well), I have used the Chevron 1000 THF as well.

I

Nothing wrong with Hy Tran ... just the price , $15.79 bulk . Also the local Case dealer leaves alot to be desired so would rather patronize local John Deere or ?? I believe in buying quality, but you reach a breaking point .

I have a Case and JD dealer locally as well as Kubota. Cant speak for Case, but it’s our can tell our JD dealer definitely caters to the farmer. Nice dealer though and they also carry Stihl.

The JD dealers around here are competitively priced and really nice stores and employees..

I believe 424 is a multi grade 10w30 and the Delvac is a straight 10w. I think Mobil came out with the Delvac to sale at all the farm and fleet kind of business to compete with the cheaper universal tractor fluids. You will get a lot of guys that will tell you that all you can use is HyTrans in IH/Case or you will have all kinds of problems. I have been using Universal Tractor fluid in my tractors with no problems. I would use the Delvac in it all day long. Mobil would not put a product out there labeled for that application if it doesn't work.
Nope it is the same stuff.

I have been using it for the past 17 years for no other reason that is comes from a Major high quality oil producer . The price is the lower when compared to Shell, Chevron and John Deere branded oils. Any oil from the major oil companies are good to go. I bought 15 gallons for my tractor today.

Last edited:
Back