Mobil Delvac 75W90 V. Mopar 75W85

It seems from the Data that Mobil Delvac 1 gear oil 75W-90 seems to be a better quality oil than the OEM Mopar 75W-85 oil from the data sheets. I use my 2019 Ram 1500 Classis Crew Cab 2WD short bed as an Uber vehicle, daily driver, and pull a trailer with a vehicle on it some times, pull a 35' camper, and a dump trailer sometimes.

Attachments

• A96EF46B-BA58-4114-86EB-93BB5E2910E5.jpg
    A96EF46B-BA58-4114-86EB-93BB5E2910E5.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 0AAAF4E2-E2B5-4C11-A335-BABC2E49B702.jpeg
    0AAAF4E2-E2B5-4C11-A335-BABC2E49B702.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 176
It seems from the Data that Mobil Delvac 1 gear oil 75W-90 seems to be a better quality oil than the OEM Mopar 75W-85 oil from the data sheets. I use my 2019 Ram 1500 Classis Crew Cab 2WD short bed as an Uber vehicle, daily driver, and pull a trailer with a vehicle on it some times, pull a 35' camper, and a dump trailer sometimes.

I use the Mobil 75W90 in my Ram 2500. It is not the Delvac version. I have had no issues in ~50K miles, a lot of which is towing our 36' travel trailer. If it meets the spec, generally GL-5 I'd think you would be good. I do know my 2500 states synthetic oil.

just my $0.02

Mine is the ecodiesel and it puts out the max torque at 2k rpm and I have a 3.92 diff. I figured I needed something a little more robust. Thanks for the reply.

Does your vehicle have any limited slip differential? I don’t think Mobil 1 Delvac 75w90 has the limited slip additive as part of it’s package?
No, It has traction controle, it really sucks in mudd.
On the build option it had electric locker or traction controle. I was cheap and got traction controle. I would have been better off paying the $400-500 for the locker.

No, It has traction controle, it really sucks in mudd.
On the build option it had electric locker or traction controle. I was cheap and got traction controle. I would have been better off paying the $400-500 for the locker.
I have used Delvac 1 in several GM’s … Summit always had the best price but IIRC it took $100 spend for free shipping so I got extra and a couple other items …

I have used Delvac 1 in several GM’s … Summit always had the best price but IIRC it took $100 spend for free shipping so I got extra and a couple other items …
I use the Delvac 1 75W-90 in my Nissan Frontier and BMW 323i. Neither vehicle require a limited slip additive and I'm fortunate to live near a Summit Racing facility. Their price of $10 per quart or $36 per gallon for this fantastic fluid is a huge bonus.

I use the Delvac 1 75W-90 in my Nissan Frontier and BMW 323i. Neither vehicle require a limited slip additive and I'm fortunate to live near a Summit Racing facility. Their price of $10 per quart or $36 per gallon for this fantastic fluid is a huge bonus.
Yep … my understanding is it’s really popular with Porsche track guys … pretty diverse considering the OTR and off road trucking/heavy equipment use …

Want a good place to get solid info about gear lube info and performance?
use this link: https://p-r-i.org/pri-qpl/lubricant-review-institute/
look for the "QPL" (qualified product listing) link on the left side of the page.
This list is from a 3rd party testing site and has no bias for or against brands. Any lube on this list passed the SAE J2360 standards; a mil-spec equivilant.

There are a lot of brands/grades which actually are not on the list; common ones we'd see at our fav store, such as Mobil 1, for example. The absence of Mobil 1 on this list does not mean it's a bad lube; simply that it's not accreditted on the QPL. That could be for many reasons ...
- it was submitted and didn't pass
- it was not submitted because it wouldn't pass
- it was not submitted because they didn't want to bother with the approval, though it may well have passed, had they sought the approval
I cannot tell you why it's not on the list; I can only bring to light the fact that Mobil 1 gear oil is not on the list. Mobil does have several products on the QPL, so it's not like they aren't aware of the testing/approval process.

Other brands of gear lubes do have several of their prominent lubes on the list as well.

Back