Mobil 1 in nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an ad!!!

Get these guys some real race oil and see who wins. I wonder if the jugs say Mobil1.....no, I'm pretty certain the jugs say Mobil1........
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah it is old. Maybe when Amsoil starts making racing oils more in nascar will use it.

M1 GM racing

Quote:
Mobil 1 products were GM’s first-choice when the manufacturer began developing the racing Corvette in 1996 under the stewardship of Doug Fehan. Fehan, a former American racer turned program manager, has established himself as one of the most respected team principals in sports car racing. World Sports Car and Trans-Am titles were the forerunners to his current unrivalled winning streak with Corvette Racing. During the subsequent decade of development, the team has continued to use Mobil 1. Extensive engine testing and post-race analysis reveal minimal component wear, improved engine reliability and outright performance. “Ten years ago Mobil 1 was the best. To this day it continues to offer the best performance for our engines and gearboxes,” adds Fehan.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OilGuy
their TV commercials now state "over 1/2" use Mobil 1

My guess would be JGR oil now being used by several teams.

Does anyone remember when Jeremy Mayfield won a race while his back was being burned by the heat of the oil in the tank behind his seat? And then does anyone remember the M1 ad based on that, and how a lesser oil would have failed?

Originally Posted By: NovaMan
Does anyone remember when Jeremy Mayfield won a race while his back was being burned by the heat of the oil in the tank behind his seat? And then does anyone remember the M1 ad based on that, and how a lesser oil would have failed?

Nope. never saw that.

Does anyone remember when a car using Mobil 1 last won a NASCAR championship? The last time Rousch won they were using Pennzoil, then there is that Hendrick bunch and their Quaker State. Oh, almost forgot old Smoke won a championship using the JGR oils. Maybe it's time the other 1/2 switched oils.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Does anyone remember when a car using Mobil 1 last won a NASCAR championship? The last time Rousch won they were using Pennzoil, then there is that Hendrick bunch and their Quaker State. Oh, almost forgot old Smoke won a championship using the JGR oils. Maybe it's time the other 1/2 switched oils.
grin2.gif

Good point.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
grin2.gif

I did some research and to the best of my knowledge the last NASCAR champion who had Mobil 1 shown on the car was Rusty Wallace in 1989. There were various champions after that who did not appear to have any motor oil decals on their cars, but that's not to say M1 wasn't in them.
RustyWallace27car1989.jpg

Last edited:

That's an old ad but interesting and Mobil does make good racing oil but today there are many oil providers as Johnny said.

I still don't like their street oil in my Si. Cleans good....but..

Just a little more HP at the end of a race even if it's racing oil that's what the pros are going to use.

When I raced that was one of things we looked at (oil). No, I was not a pro (far from it) and that was wayyyy back. Cracked up my back and it was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back