Mobil 1 Grease Leak

I neglected to pull the plunger back on my grease gun and left it under pressure. Naturally the M1 grease bled out, a good bit too.

I use this on my travel trailer, EZ lube wheel bearings.

If a lot of the oil leaked from being under pressure, should i replace the cartridge? Am i left with soap with not enough oil? Or is it ok to use ?

Grease gun is a macnaught.

Thanks!

situation normal. M1 grease is vastly the worst at leaking out. Some will argue its still the best.. but
I had a grease gun with mystic grease stored in a shed with the plunger in... that gets over 100f leak 1/10
of what m1 in basement(65f) with pulled back plunger.

I would still use it but consider other less messy greases in future.

situation normal. M1 grease is vastly the worst at leaking out. Some will argue its still the best.. but
I had a grease gun with mystic grease stored in a shed with the plunger in... that gets over 100f leak 1/10
of what m1 in basement(65f) with pulled back plunger.

I would still use it but consider other less messy greases in future.
Yep and geesh! M1 NGLI 2 FS grease tubes in manual guns leak in my attached garage here in Alaska! Mine where the garage never gets above 78 degrees F in the summer, and stays at 48 to 50 degs F in the winter, unless I run the propane heater and bring it up to 60 degs. M1 grease has a separation issue -- the thickener isn't do its job. Get it together M1!

Been using Valvoline moly-fortified gray FS grease for some time now. No issues with it whatsoever. Seems to do its job in colder weather.

Valvoline SynPower Synthetic Grease

Last edited:
Back