Mobil 1 filters at Canadian Tire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my weekly flyer and to my surprise they are adverising Mobil 1 oil filters for $14.99. Anyhow, I drive over to my local CT store only to find out that they do not have any and will not be ordering any until late July. Why do they advertise things in the flyer if they do not have them? That really irks me to know end
39.gif

Nice to hear we get a new line of filter... But pretty much the same price at K&N!
Some big canadian retailers should sell PureOne at comparable price with the U.S....

I think the K&N sells for $15.99, so the Mobil 1 filter is priced a little better. Hopefully they put it on sale a lot, it would be nice to get it for closer to $10 just like I've been paying for the Fram Extended Guard when it goes on sale at Part Source.

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88
I received my weekly flyer and to my surprise they are adverising Mobil 1 oil filters for $14.99. Anyhow, I drive over to my local CT store only to find out that they do not have any and will not be ordering any until late July.

My local CT was advertising availability in May. I haven't been there since the beginning of the month, so I don't know what to scoop is here, yet. That price is rather high since they had K&Ns and Extended Guards for cheaper just recently.

Hmmm, Wix and made in Germany Bosch for $5, or $12+ for M1, K&N, or EG.... Which do you think I will choose?

I just got back from one of the two CTs that are close to my house (the one at Mavis and Britannia) and they've got 5 different Mobil 1 filters in stock right now, but they've got space for a total of 18, so I suspect they will fill those in the next few weeks (unless they were full on Friday and they all sold out quickly perhaps?) I was happy to see that they are going to carry both of the filters I need for both of my cars.

I work at the Canadian Tire here in Fort McMurray, AB.
I work in the parts department and we haven't really had many Mobil 1s in.

We mostly stock Fram, and its pretty much all we sell. Everybody that comes in wants a Fram oil filter. Yuck. I bought a K&N for my Blazer.

Edit:
The flyer they send out and have in stores are universal. Some products are subject to the store carrying them. For instance, alot of people were looking for the cases of water they had on sale, our store did not carry any.

The flyer is generic across Canada.

Last edited:
It was worse when Fram actually made the Motomaster brand filters and that was the only choices we had there.....Fram or rebadged Fram :)
I'd always get a charge out of the old kooks grabbing a Fram and I'd say "Buy the Motomaster...same thing, but a $1 cheaper". I'd usually get the "Pfffttt... I ain't buying that Motomaster [censored]" for a reply.
Now we have Chinese made Motomaster, Fram, Mobil 1, K&N, and QS to choose from. We have come a long way.

Only 2 M1 filters available at my local CT, the chap behind the counter said the M1 line would increase as the shelf space opens up.(? as the Fram/Motomaster are depleted ?).
J

Originally Posted By: 2K2AcuraTL
Only 2 M1 filters available at my local CT, the chap behind the counter said the M1 line would increase as the shelf space opens up.(? as the Fram/Motomaster are depleted ?).

Nothing at mine yet. The book stills says availability in May. Time is ticking down on that promise.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Nothing at mine yet. The book stills says availability in May. Time is ticking down on that promise.

Maybe that fine but sparsely populated province of Saskatchewan will be the last province to get those M1 filters
56.gif

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Maybe that fine but sparsely populated province of Saskatchewan will be the last province to get those M1 filters
56.gif

You're probably right. If the filters get redesigned some years down the road, we'll get the clearance items here.
wink.gif

We just got a tote full of Mobil 1 filters here.
Got a variety in. If you guys want I can pick them up and ship them to you.. if you like.

there usually $14.99 a filter. Not a big seller. Most everybody wants cheap here for some reason. Fram, fram, fram... oh, did I mention fram? Yuck.

I did buy a Motomaster air filter for my 305. However its just for mockup to see how much I gotta raise the hood in my truck. going to get a K&N or a good paper filter once its in and running.

So let me guys know if you want any Mobil filters, I'll check and see what we got.

Originally Posted By: Hitzy
It was worse when Fram actually made the Motomaster brand filters and that was the only choices we had there.....Fram or rebadged Fram
smile.gif

I'd always get a charge out of the old kooks grabbing a Fram and I'd say "Buy the Motomaster...same thing, but a $1 cheaper". I'd usually get the "Pfffttt... I ain't buying that Motomaster [censored]" for a reply.
Now we have Chinese made Motomaster, Fram, Mobil 1, K&N, and QS to choose from. We have come a long way.

It's funny reading this post, and knowing that Motomaster filters have gone BACK to being re-labeled Frams...LOL!

Originally Posted By: Hitzy
It was worse when Fram actually made the Motomaster brand filters and that was the only choices we had there.....Fram or rebadged Fram
smile.gif

If it is anything like a driveworks filter, it is a heck of a filter.

Originally Posted By: addyguy

It's funny reading this post, and knowing that Motomaster filters have gone BACK to being re-labeled Frams...LOL!

For sure! Had a look again as I was there picking up plugs, they had NGK Iridium IX on sale, still like the red paint but that's about it.

And I'm glad I kept reading before posting..."wow, my CT has M1s for a while"....
lol.gif

The thing that makes me sad is that these filters have been sold at CT now for over a year and I've not seen any sales on them at all!
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman
The thing that makes me sad is that these filters have been sold at CT now for over a year and I've not seen any sales on them at all!
frown.gif

Parts Source had a sale on them a month or so ago, so I cleaned them out of the ones they had for the Expedition.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Parts Source had a sale on them a month or so ago, so I cleaned them out of the ones they had for the Expedition.

How good was the sale? I notice they sell them for $15.99, so that's already $3 more than their everyday price for the Fram XG, and when Partsource has a sale on the XG it ends up being $9.99 (bought one of those today for my Honda's next OC) I think the M1 is an excellent filter (I used them a lot on my 98 Firebird) but I can't justify spending more for it than the Fram XG.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

How good was the sale? I notice they sell them for $15.99, so that's already $3 more than their everyday price for the Fram XG, and when Partsource has a sale on the XG it ends up being $9.99 (bought one of those today for my Honda's next OC) I think the M1 is an excellent filter (I used them a lot on my 98 Firebird) but I can't justify spending more for it than the Fram XG.

It was $12.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back