Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0w20 availability

Thinking of running this in my Accord next OCI. Oil changes are done about once a year on it, a max of 5-6K miles. I know M1 AFE 0w20 is up to the task, and that is what I am currently running. I just like the idea of using the EP for the "premium" base oils, for only $2.00 more. Yes, splitting hairs! But is that not what we do here?

Anyway, I can't find this oil in any Walmart. I even searched various states out of curiosity and it is sold out everywhere. I won't pay auto part store prices for it, I am only interested in WM pricing. Are you all seeing the same?

I plan to check online weekly to see if anything changes but so far, no luck. Even regular Mobil 1 has been difficult to source, but at least it shows up every now and then. No such luck with the Extended Performance variant.
The Walmart’s have not had M1 EP 0w20 by me for months . You should switch over to Valvoline EP and be done

I went ahead and ordered it off of Amazon for $25.23, which is even less than plane jane Mobil 1 0w20. I have Prime but even then is says shipping "usually takes 1 to 4 weeks" for this product. I don't need it right away but figured I should take advantage of that price before Amazon hikes it up.
Good idea.

I must be missing something, I’ve checked on Amazon lately and haven’t seen the 0w20 EP. I think I may have seen the high mileage 0w20 EP - which I have no interest in because it has a lower PAO count - but I don’t think I’ve seen the regular 0w20 EP? I’ll have to look again because $25.23 looks like a good deal.

Edit — Just saw it on Amazon for $24.67, ships in 1-4 weeks. Might get some.

Just had 2 5q's delivered from Amazon, found 2 single quarts at a Walmart 150 miles from home, they had not 5q jugs though, so I'm good for 2 changes for the wife's highlander.

Ordered on amazon m1 0w-20 EP, estimated arival may 5. Its $25. Will be interesting what the price will be in June when rebates start

Mobil has been having trouble for quite some time now. They blend their oils in TX and one of the plants went on fire in January (?) . I also think they were heavily affected (like a lot of manufacturing businesses) by the ice storms and power outages in early 2021.

Only one of the local Toyota dealerships in my area has TGMO in stock due to this and the one was downright nasty in December when I asked to buy a case: "We have never sold that to customers..." That was a lie since I bought a case from that very dealership when I first purchased my vehicle from them.

On top of that, my family owns and operates an auto parts store and we can't get it through our supplier either.

Last edited:
Thinking of running this in my Accord next OCI. Oil changes are done about once a year on it, a max of 5-6K miles. I know M1 AFE 0w20 is up to the task, and that is what I am currently running. I just like the idea of using the EP for the "premium" base oils, for only $2.00 more. Yes, splitting hairs! But is that not what we do here?

Anyway, I can't find this oil in any Walmart. I even searched various states out of curiosity and it is sold out everywhere. I won't pay auto part store prices for it, I am only interested in WM pricing. Are you all seeing the same?

I plan to check online weekly to see if anything changes but so far, no luck. Even regular Mobil 1 has been difficult to source, but at least it shows up every now and then. No such luck with the Extended Performance variant.
I purchased it online from Walmart early in the year. Don't know about current availability, but Mobil I anything shouldn't be that hard to find eventually.

Try NAPA, all Mobil 1 is 29.99 here for the 5 qt jug this month.

Keep watching amazon, it sometimes appears there for $25 for a quick moment, then its out of stock or $40.

Keep watching amazon, it sometimes appears there for $25 for a quick moment, then its out of stock or $40.
Yep. I've got some on order for $25. Still waiting on delivery. Wondering if I'll get an email stating it's no longer available.

I purchased it online from Walmart early in the year. Don't know about current availability, but Mobil I anything shouldn't be that hard to find eventually.
You bring up a good point. Eventually.

Eventually, I’d have to bet that if there’s one company that will be able to meet demand, it should be Mobil1...they have to be one of the largest motor oil companies around, and you’d think that would give them some sort of power over the competition.

You bring up a good point. Eventually.

Eventually, I’d have to bet that if there’s one company that will be able to meet demand, it should be Mobil1...they have to be one of the largest motor oil companies around, and you’d think that would give them some sort of power over the competition.
Retail passenger car oil, especially to the retailer known for having the least supplier friendly terms is probably low on their priority compared to other parts of the supply chain.

Its available again at amazon for $25, with 1-2 month ship date. It will likely ship sooner than that, place an order while you can.

Back