Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0w20 availability

Thinking of running this in my Accord next OCI. Oil changes are done about once a year on it, a max of 5-6K miles. I know M1 AFE 0w20 is up to the task, and that is what I am currently running. I just like the idea of using the EP for the "premium" base oils, for only $2.00 more. Yes, splitting hairs! But is that not what we do here?

Anyway, I can't find this oil in any Walmart. I even searched various states out of curiosity and it is sold out everywhere. I won't pay auto part store prices for it, I am only interested in WM pricing. Are you all seeing the same?

I plan to check online weekly to see if anything changes but so far, no luck. Even regular Mobil 1 has been difficult to source, but at least it shows up every now and then. No such luck with the Extended Performance variant.

Thinking of running this in my Accord next OCI. Oil changes are done about once a year on it, a max of 5-6K miles. I know M1 AFE 0w20 is up to the task, and that is what I am currently running. I just like the idea of using the EP for the "premium" base oils, for only $2.00 more. Yes, splitting hairs! But is that not what we do here?

Anyway, I can't find this oil in any Walmart. I even searched various states out of curiosity and it is sold out everywhere. I won't pay auto part store prices for it, I am only interested in WM pricing. Are you all seeing the same?

I plan to check online weekly to see if anything changes but so far, no luck. Even regular Mobil 1 has been difficult to source, but at least it shows up every now and then. No such luck with the Extended Performance variant.
Have you tried ordering it from the Walmart website?

Have you tried ordering it from the Walmart website?
Yes, It is not an option. Unless I am missing something.

Edit: I am correct, not an option. This makes me wonder if WM is dropping it, or having some serious supply issues.

Shows up fine for me.
And it's on roll back...

Screenshot_20220405-002014_Walmart.jpg

After buying two jugs of Mobil1 0W20 EP two months ago at Walmart, I haven’t seen any on the shelves locally since. In fact now I’m hardly seeing any Mobil1 at my local Walmart’s. I just attribute it to supply chain issues, and expect it to be cyclical from here on out.

Check Amazon, they had the same pricing when I was looking earlier this winter.

None at Walmart here either. I keep getting adds for it from Napa online and when I try to buy it it's not available here either.

I went ahead and ordered it off of Amazon for $25.23, which is even less than plane jane Mobil 1 0w20. I have Prime but even then is says shipping "usually takes 1 to 4 weeks" for this product. I don't need it right away but figured I should take advantage of that price before Amazon hikes it up.

Back