Mobil 1 ATF Synthetic VS LV HP

I'm looking for some differences between these two Mobil 1 ATF Synthetic products, specifically weight and boiling point. But a full comparison would be awesome. Also, Does the LV mean Low viscosity?
Mobile one ATF Synthetic # 112980
VS
Mobile One ATF Synthetic LV HP #124715

Attachments

• mob-112980_si_xl.jpg
    mob-112980_si_xl.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 53
  • mob-124715-1_nr_xl.jpg
    mob-124715-1_nr_xl.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 53
The Synthetic ATF is going to be your more standard Dexron III, Mercon, etc type fluid.

The LV ATF appears to be a very specific fluid for GM Dexron HP and it is a low viscosity fluid

Synthetic ATF is a standard viscosity universal vehicle ATF, and Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP is a fluid specifically created to address torque converter shuddering issues in GM 8 speed transmissions, the black label version is old, the blue label version is the current GTL base with an Infineum add package to fix the hygroscopy issues the previous fluids had.

I'm looking for some differences between these two Mobil 1 ATF Synthetic products, specifically weight and boiling point. But a full comparison would be awesome. Also, Does the LV mean Low viscosity?
Mobile one ATF Synthetic # 112980
VS
Mobile One ATF Synthetic LV HP #124715
Which one meets your vehicle’s requirements?

What specs exactly call out weight and boiling point as a requirement? I’m curious…

Also, if the boiling point of ANY fluid that meets your specs is a concern, you need to get the temps down before worrying about fluid choice- the trans will fail long before the fluid evaporates at those temps!

Back