Mobil 1 AFE 0w-20 with LG BioTech, '19 Pilot 3.5L 7665 mi, high FE

I didn't mark it down so 95% it was M1 AFE. Otherwise it would be PP 0W-20. Pilot does see a lot of short trip as wife works less than 2 miles from home. Long Island, NY and metro area to Bridgeport CT so even trips see a lot of slow traffic. Oil filter is Honda 15400-PCX-004 (for S2000) with a FilterMag on it. I might send next change in also as I know it's M1 AFE 0W-20, no LG, new Honda PCX filter.

View attachment 167314
Leave the LG Biotech out and check back in 30k miles. And follow the computer OLM. Run 0-5-20/30….what ever. Just leave out the LG stuff.

Too far on that oil imo. This is showing that this combo is a 5k change.
I'll probably change it sooner this time and get it tested. Lot's of scenario's to think and coincide.

It needs a new windshield as it got a nice chip with long crack. I had it done at Honda dealer last time so they could do the camera calibrations. Glass shop comes to them and does it inside the bay not outside in blowing wind/dust etc. While it's there I'll probably have them do the rear differential so it's on file at 30k interval. Most likely the same with the tranny and my not so stellar test results from that.

If I discuss my concerns with service manager/tech I need to take my skid plate off so they can get to the tranny and filter. If skid plate is off the Fumoto will come off as I don't like how low it hangs knowing all the scratches in my skid plate. If Fumoto comes out might just be early oil change time. Then if changed might be a 5W30 Euro or a 0W-40 Euro knowing the short trips, not fully getting warmed up etc.

Maybe I'll just wait until 5k, live with the crack but really want to go over the tranny concerns with dealer to document while still under warranty.

Back