Mobil 1 5W/30 EP HM, 4098 miles, 1996 Acura 3.5 RL

Acura_200002.jpg

The goings on about 0/40 are because I mentioned that I was 99.9% certain this was 5/30 EP HM, but if it wasn't it was 0/40 M1. It was 5/30.

This was a cold sample during a heavy maintenance.

[Cut Open] Honda 15400-PLM-A02 4098 Miles is the filter.

Definitely not the 0w40 and it looks good although I suspect you are getting some fuel dilution so the shorter OCI you are doing is probably a good idea. No point in paying for EP for 5k OCI's IMO.

Definitely not the 0w40 and it looks good although I suspect you are getting some fuel dilution so the shorter OCI you are doing is probably a good idea. No point in paying for EP for 5k OCI's IMO.

Part of the heavy maintenance involved brake cleaner near the dipstick tube hole, even though it was plugged some could have entered it also got shuffled around in the drive way a bit prior to being pulled apart.

EP is pennies more if any after rebates.

Do you find this oil 'quiet', 'loud' or of no particular characteristic?

No opinion... I don't drive this one a lot, I just work on it anymore (it has been in the family since new and was my daily driver at one point) and the car is heavily sound insulated I characterize it as a Japanese Buick. You could drain the oil out of it and it wouldn't make any noise until the rod hit the hood...

That's pretty funny ^^^^^^ :LOL:

About the lack of noise even without oil in the car and not knowing until the rod flew out and hit the hood....

Back