Mobil 1 5qt jugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
From who did you hear that they will be back by Feb and why did they discontinue them for a long time in the first place?
frown.gif

They haven't sold the 5 liter jugs up here in Canada since early 2002. They had a lot of TriSyn 10w30 for just $22 CDN ($14US!!) At the time I was running Mobil 1 in my Firebird but I hesitated on buying a bunch because I was waiting for SuperSyn.

None here in Northern Illinois since early 02 either. I go every Saturday to check, I think they are starting to get suspicious. If they ever come back I will be a major purchaser. I saw one bottle of 15W50 over in Sterling Ill but that that was probably a straggler from last year. The 15w always sells slower.

quote:

Originally posted by dickwells:
None here in Northern Illinois since early 02 either. I go every Saturday to check, I think they are starting to get suspicious. If they ever come back I will be a major purchaser. I saw one bottle of 15W50 over in Sterling Ill but that that was probably a straggler from last year. The 15w always sells slower.

If you think the 15w50 sells slow down there, you should see it up here! A few months ago I spotted a few single bottles of Advanced Formula 15w50! That stuff had to be from 1999 or earlier, since we started getting TriSynthetic in Canada in late summer/early fall of 1999.

Do you guys think they will be doing 0w20 jugs? I have only seen the 5w30 and 10w30 jugs at wal mart.

quote:

Originally posted by oilboy28:
Do you guys think they will be doing 0w20 jugs? I have only seen the 5w30 and 10w30 jugs at wal mart.

I have also seen the 15W50, but unfortunately, I have not seen 0W30 or 0W40. I doubt we will see 0W20. -Joe

I have checked every Wal Mart within a 50 mile radius. I have an Amsoil dealer in town. I am going to switch and run it a little longer since I would have to buy the Mobil-1 at the quart price, and the price difference is small.

I used to buy them in early/mid 02 as well Patman. They were about a dollar more than the 4 litres regular price in Peterborough and when they were doing a clearance the last remaining 10W30's were $20 each. Since this was before I was using Amsoil in our cars I bought them all. BTW have you seen any of the oddball weights (0W30/40 etc.) in Ontario retailers? I have only found an Amsoil type mailorder guy that sells Mobil 1 in the other weights, and I don't even know if he does anymore.

This is just a rumour but Canadian Tire might stock it. A friend of mine works there and he told me an oil rep dropped off a case of it on his day off. Hopefully next time he'll drop off a truckload.
grin.gif

I haven't seen any of the 0w30 or 0w40 M1 up here, but strangely enough the brochure that Mr.Lube hands out shows those viscosities on it, and it's a Canadian brochure too. (Mr.Lube doesn't have those viscosities either)

From what I understand, MB and BMW dealers up here are the only place you'll find M1 0w40. Not sure on the 0w30 though.

It's probably cheaper to drive from Toronto to Niagara Falls and buy it than it would be to purchase from those dealers.

quote:

Originally posted by dickwells:

None here south of you either. The Walmarts in this area ( Rantoul, Champaign ) never did have a very good selection of them as I remember.

My world was destroyed when the local Target stopped selling M1 for $3.69 a quart...
frown.gif

If you're in dire need of M1 and can't wait for WalMart 5 qt. jugs, Costco's around here carry 6 qt. cases of M1 SS 5w-30 & 10w-30 for $23.89.

Wallmart just got some Mobil 1 10-30 in the 5 qt jugs here and went from $15.88 to $22.88!
shocked.gif

The last 5 I bought was about 3 months ago for $12.88. Wish I bought more.

Pretty close to the single qt price.

Bill

Sam's Club and Costco in my area both carry Mobil 1 cases for $23.39 each. I'm pretty sure Sam's has 0W30, 5W30, 10W30, and 15W50.

Last night I noticed my local Target still has a few qts left too, @ $3.39/qt. Only about 10-15 qts each of 5W30 and 10W30. Not sure if they'll be restocking; maybe not, since other folks report their Target store no longer carries M1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back