Mobil 1 15w-50 silver cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to find info using the search function, but no luck. Thought I would ask the question here. I used the original red cap 15w-50 for years in my 1974 BMW 2002Lux, up until it was discontinued for the EP 15w-50 Gold Cap. I went back to GTX 20w-50 until the silver cap 15w50 was re-introduced recently. I am located in Huntsville Al, and now can not find the stuff anywhere. Is this a larger issue, or is the lack of supply here a unique happenstance? Any info would be appreciated.
Earl
74 BMW 2002Lux
72 Volvo 1800ES
02 BMW M Roadster

If you lived closer, I still have 6 quarts (1 case) of the Red cap 15w50 Mobil 1 from 2005 that I would sell you cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are about 5 supercenters here in Huntsvegas, I have checked two and neither have it. The Walmart that I usually bought it from had the five quart jugs on sale a month or so ago for 14 bucks an I picked up the last one on display. I guess I will stop by a couple of the stores I have not chedked yet. Thanks for the responses.
Earl
US Army Ret.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

If you lived closer, I still have 6 quarts (1 case) of the Red cap 15w50 Mobil 1 from 2005 that I would sell you cheap.

^^Man if you lived near me I`d be there after work today to buy it from you
11.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1
Walmart here has been closing it out for $15/5qt jug. The manager at mine said it would not be restocked.

That's a brilliant price. Around here it's $46 for a 4L jug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back