Mobil 1 0w-30 on sale at Wally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my local walmart tonight and saw a little corner with mixed oils on the very back wall. They had 5qt jugs of Valovline Syn Power 0w-20 for $21.00. They had Mobil High mileage for $13.00 and also Delo 5w-40 for $16.00. Then i saw it, Single bottles of Mobil 1 0w-30 with red tags for $5.00 a quart. So i bought a 5qt jug for $25 and 2 single qts. I bought the extra because I know my Altima will consume a lil since it seems to like thicker oils. Im trying it to see if it will help with performance and fuel economy that tanked since switching to 10w-40. It may be on sale at other walmarts aswell. Also they had Pennzoil ultra in all varities and they were on rollback for $25.16 for 5qts. Single qts are still $8.74 and the new Pure plus in 5w-20/30 were there in single and jugs as well.

Last edited:
Nice deal, I just picked up some Castrol Edge Extended Performance 10w30 for $15, if I had the money I would have bought more.

Yeah, saw those red tags on it here too. Guy in the department said they were getting rid of the M1 0w-30 "because that is just too thin, you'll ruin your car with it!"

Hope they don't get rid of the 5qt jugs too. :-(

Originally Posted By: scionxa
Yeah, saw those red tags on it here too. Guy in the department said they were getting rid of the M1 0w-30 "because that is just too thin, you'll ruin your car with it!"

Hope they don't get rid of the 5qt jugs too. :-(

Surely we wouldve heard about this here?! I also doubt that Mobil told him that. Probly just his personal speculation. They also had alot of the single qt 0w-30's that were still regular price on the shelves here so idk why some of it was $5.

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Originally Posted By: Doog
I just bought 10 jugs of PU for $21.

50qts? or 10 single bottles???

$21 for all 10 jugs or $21 each jug ?

Walmart = clearance motor oil haven. Its where dusty quarts, jugs, and 5qt containers of magical unicom juice that promises infinite oil performance goes to die before it gets a afterlife of being forgotten, cursed, abused and shelved at BigLots.

That's interesting. I was able to buy 9 qts of Mobil 1 0W30 for $3.49 a qt. and one qt. of Mobil 1 0W40 for the same price on a recent trip. That was all they had or I would have taken more. I wonder why both stores were selling it so cheaply. Any word on Mobil doing what Pennzoil did with PU? I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back