MMO Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five plus years ago, I was shopping at Big Lots. In their automotive section, they were selling "Marvel Mystery Oil" Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer. Came in a quart bottle, (red bottle - the same style gear oil comes in), VERY thick, the fluid is red and has the same smell as the regular MMO.

Front label says:

"For complete protection in newer and older engines - eliminates dry starts.

"Perfect for cars, high performance vehicles, light or heavy duty trucks, SUV's, motorcycles, tractors, agricultural equipment, generators, tillers, lawmowers, etc."

The label on the back of the bottle reads:

"Advanced heavy duty formular for new and older vehicles, diesel or gasoline engines, high performance engines, manuel transmissions, limited slip differentials, gear boxes, compressors and all small 4 cycle engines

"Marvel Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer is desinged to extend the operating life of moving metal parts by reducing friction and wear. It is a heavy duty additive designed to be a universal oil fortifier. Marvel Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer effectively prevents viscosity breakdown and oil thinning, stops leaks due to shrunken seals, helps prevent wear and oil consumption, quiets worn parts and helps provide smoother operation of all moving metal gears and parts. Added to engine oil, Marvel Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer can provide additional wear protection during dry starts. Blends with all synthetic and conventional petroleum based lubricants.

"Directions: Pour Marvel Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer contents into engine crankcase or lubricant reservoir, according the to following recommendations:

"Engine Crankcase Application: New engine: Add 1 qt to 4 qts of engine oil (20%), Old worn engine: Add (2-2.5 qts) to 2 qts of engine oil (50-60%).

"Manual transmission, gear box transfer case application: Light duty: Add 25% of lube capacity heavy duty: Add 25%-50% of lube capacity.

"Differential application: Light Duty: Add 50% of lube capacity Heavy Duty: Add 50%-100% of luve capacity.

"Small 4 Cycle Engine Application: Lawnmowers, generators, compressors, etc. Light Duty: 20% of lube capacity Heavy Duty: Add 25% of lube capacity.

"Wash hands after use

"Keep out of reach of children

"2005 Marvel Oil Company
Chicago Il 60638
Made in USA
www.marvelmysteryoil.com

I wondering what the final "weight" of a 50 percent mix would be with something like a 10W40 or 20W50 or even a straight 50 weight. This stuff has the consistency of STP. It's also "sticky" like STP.

Just thought you guys might get a kick out of it
smile.gif

I've researched several mystery (no pun intended) BigLots car care products. Most recently a fuel injector cleaner. Why so cheap at BigLots? Because it contained Methyl Alcohol, a major no-no for the newer aluminum engines. So when I see a mystery car product at BigLots going cheap, first assumption is it was cleared/banned from shelves elsewhere, walk away.

You know a lot about MMO demarpaint. Did you ever hear about this product? Personally I have never heard of it.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
You know a lot about MMO demarpaint. Did you ever hear about this product? Personally I have never heard of it.

I never saw it. Maybe it was an attempt to catch some market share from Lucas and STP, and they canned the idea.
21.gif

i have a spray can of MMO. pt no unknown. i am sure i have had it for 10-15 years. i do remember buying it new. it still sprays oil.

Now that you mention it Morris, seems to me I had a can or two of that some time back - black label with red writing - I can't recall if it had the MMO smell to it though.

it sat in storage so long i forgot i had it. ill try to hunt it down again. marvel could do so much better, they need to have a new products department. the old original mmo is still great does not need to be changed. but they could come out with new products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back