Mixing TruFuel and Gasoline?

Hey All. As the title says, can I mix recent bought TruFuel 50:1 ratio with some end of last season about a 1/2 gallon of 2 cycle gasoline (e10) 50:1 ratio ? Can there be problems with this concoction? Thanks

I think you are fine doing this. I've done similar many times and have never had an issue running multiple chainsaws and a leafblower with the mix. My current concoction fueling my equipment is a mix of e0 90 oct with Husqvarna oil, Trufuel, and RedArmor 50:1, with an approx. 45:1 ratio overall. Works great.
However, I would recommend using only e0 in OPE, especially if the gas is not going to be used in the near future or sit in the equipment for any long period of time

Truefuel is such a premium product I wouldn't dilute it.

Put the old mix in your car. If you run "normal" gas and oil in OPE because of the cost, finish with tru-fuel for storage.

Or if you don't mind running tru-fuel all the time, do that with your trimmer, but the car will actually like having a little 2 cycle oil in it, and the injectors can handle stale gas better than a small engine carb.

Not the premix stuff but I mixed the fuel with pump gas made my plastic can really swell up. Had to leave it slightly vented.

You could but there wouldn’t really be any reason to that I can think of. The old gas is a liability in small equipment so might as well put it to use elsewhere. I always dump old e10 mix in my truck tank. It can make adjustments based on the degradation of the old gas and run just fine.

Not the premix stuff but I mixed the fuel with pump gas made my plastic can really swell up. Had to leave it slightly vented.
This is actually a good thing-- modern "smog" gas cans are supposed to keep the vapors in. The vapors are the best part of the gasoline!

Think of it as keeping the cap on your ginger ale.

Was going to use it on my 2 cycle leaf blower and string trimmer. But now thinking I won't do the mix of TruFuel and last seasons 1/2 gallon e10 and 2 oz oil. Both are 50:1.
Some stated you can dump the gas / oil mix into their vehicle gas tanks to use up the old stuff???? Wouldn't that cause problems in it self?

Was going to use it on my 2 cycle leaf blower and string trimmer. But now thinking I won't do the mix of TruFuel and last seasons 1/2 gallon e10 and 2 oz oil. Both are 50:1.
Some stated you can dump the gas / oil mix into their vehicle gas tanks to use up the old stuff???? Wouldn't that cause problems in it self?
I was gonna say you dont need Trufuel during the regular mowing season....... maybe just when storing. Yes you can use the old gas in your car but I would only do it when it's close to a full tank that way it's good and diluted.

For 1/2 a gallon of gas I wouldn't F with it.

You could be fine - I saved $2.50!!

You could end up messing up your new fuel - I lost $7.50!

You could end up fouling your carb and end up with a $$$ repair.

IMHO the number #1 thing with 2 cycle engines is fresh gas with the correct oil mix.

Dump it in your car next time you fill up 1/2 gall + 20 galls will not matter.

Back