Mitsu Evo, 2.0L, 800HP, 40psi boost, VR1 20W50 con

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to get as much in the title as I could, but my UOA on my Evo will be back Thursday or Friday. 2003 Mitsubishi Evo, 122 cubic inches, 800 flywheel horsepower, E85 (ethanol) fuel, 40 psi of boost. Oil used was Valvoline VR1 20W50 CONVENTIONAL for 600 miles. Cmon, oil geeks, post up your guesses!!! The closest guess gets a ride in the car (if you come to upstate NY)

What are we guessing? The cost of the UOA?

What is "upstate"; from my days in Rochester that means 5-300 miles from NYC.

87 is my guess.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

87 is my guess.

lol.gif

This is such a HUGE outlier of a vehicle/engine combo compared to a daily driver mass produced car, that the results of a UOA will be hardly comparable to anything OTHER than results from this same car/engine.

My guess is there's gonna be A LOT of fuel in the oil.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

87 is my guess.

lol.gif

This is such a HUGE outlier of a vehicle/engine combo compared to a daily driver mass produced car, that the results of a UOA will be hardly comparable to anything OTHER than results from this same car/engine.

My guess is there's gonna be A LOT of fuel in the oil.

Exactly, you get it. Reading UOA's from stock Corollas and Civics is boring. Curious how the experts think this will turn out, with particular attention to how long of an OCI I can run.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
With E85, do you have to run it really rich, or leaner compared to straight gasoline?

No change at all, really. My WOT A/F ratio is about 11:1, which is typical for a high boost application.

I am guessing about 10ppm across the board for wear

I want pics of said car still :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i also would like to see your results, i have a 500 hp twin turbo car that i have just switched to lucas 10-30 syn,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back