Minor grousing you've heard before

1) Ordered a few things for in-store pick-up at Advance Auto Parts as there was an online discount. The common CAF had to be shipped.
It came today in a HUGE box. Too bad AAP couldn't have had one ferried from another store nearby as there are many AAPs around and each has a fleet of delivery vehicles. All the shipping charges were buried in the item's cost so I wasn't hit. Still wasteful.

2) Purolater Boss sent a promotion to my email. It's a $10 off deal with purchase of a Boss CAF and a Boss oil filter AFTER MAIL IN REBATE. C'mon Puro, don't make people do this. You lose over half a buck.

Grousing over.

I know the big vendors pay less for shipping than we do, but I also cringe when I see stuff shipped from afar that could have been shipped from anear, or picked up locally... also, huge box.

I was cured of MAIL IN REBATES by Tiger Direct and Soyo... if anyone even recognizes those two, you know it's been a while. Nonetheless I will still pass on a "good deal" if it involves mail-in. Too many denials based on falsehoods, wasted time, frustration.

Back