Milwaukee M12 XC battery price adjustments

I noticed Milwaukee is adjusting their pricing for their M12 XC batteries. These batteries are made for the smaller tools but typically have more capacity than the similar age CP batteries. You can now get a XC battery with 6.0 Ah. The question now is, how do you price your stock of XC batteries with 3.0 Ah, especially when you can get the smaller CP batteries with a higher capacity than that.

The price of the 3.0s have been reduced from $120 for a pack of 2 to $70 for a pack of 2. Prices are as seen at Home Depot in Canada, converted to US dollars. Meanwhile the 6.0 Ah battery at Home Depot is posted as $90 for one. Here is a screen shot of the XC price reduction, expressed in Canadian dollars. I’m sure prices are lower in the USA but the point is that as the capacities get higher the prices are coming down on the lower capacity batteries on both sides of the border. Enjoy.

0AC58F91-BCB3-454E-97D8-011CE2774CE8.jpeg

Last edited:
Indeed they are. The energy density of batteries is following a moores law type trajectory (for lack of better words). The challenge becomes, when you want more power, designing cells for max energy doesnt provide the same end result. I think we are seeing that with the M18 packs.

Its good for all, even if still somewhat $$$.

Back