Milorganite 32lb Bag - $13.99 - Family Farm & Home

I believe it is made in Milwaukee, hence the name. After sewage treatment is finished, they add iron salts to the effluent and what precipitates is filtered out, dried and sold as Milorganite. Has a strong odor that can persist for days on a lawn. Bt it does green up the lawn. Basically, it comprises dead microbes and other things that precipitate during processing. It is heat trated to kill any pathogens before being sold and is checked and regulated by the EPA.

Last edited:
I have used it for many years until HD discontinued it here because it takes away from Scotts sales. Best bargain product anywhere. The oder is not offensive and rapidly dissipates. Wash off from sidewalks and driveways.

Milwaukee Organic Nitrogen ...... from my hometown where I grew up

Last edited:
Obviously cause I have no family farm and home store near me anymore. They closed up already.
It cant be Obviously unless its Obvious? ;)
Most have dried up here too.. There is still TSC(7 locations within 10-30min) and Rural king (35min to closest)

Edit:
Looks like there are a few of those "family farm and home" about 45-60min away from me.. never seen one.
Their locations sort by city name and not state so its pretty awful to check.

Wasn’t that long ago that you could get this for around $8 a bag. My local Menards also stocks chicken poop fertilizer, which I’m going to try this year.

Back